Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business!

• 04-02-2011 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

According to my business teacher I have a tendency to go 'mad' while writing my ABQ answers. apparently there is a knack when it comes to distinguishing between fluff and actual point. has anybody cracked this nut? Knowing too much can also be a problem too, such a precise subject.. Anybody else have similar problems? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

Got A1 in most of my ABQ's .
    4 steps)
    1)Definition of the activity asked in question.
    2)Give the required number of points on each activity, number can be foun by dividing into the marks for answering the question!
    3)Give a quote to reinforce your point!
    4) Explain your quote reffering back to the text & the benefits of what you said!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

DaveMur1 wrote: »
    Got A1 in most of my ABQ's .
    4 steps)
    1)Definition of the activity asked in question.
    2)Give the required number of points on each activity, number can be foun by dividing into the marks for answering the question!
    3)Give a quote to reinforce your point!
    4) Explain your quote reffering back to the text & the benefits of what you said!
    With every subject loads of people actually forget to relate back to the original question.. That's the bad thing about rote learning..

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Exothermic

Read the questions first before you read the passage.
    Highlight key words from the question so you know what to keep an eye out for when you read it.
    In general, the necessary information for the first answer is located in the first paragraph, the second answer in the second... and so on.

When it comes to actually answering the questions, be concise. Make your point. Then always try and back it up with a quote from the passage. You may not even need a full sentence, just quote maybe 5 particular words to back up your point. Then, it always helps to maybe explain a benefit of the point you just made, or if it's negative, just make a short point on it's negative effect and a possible solution.

A bit like a simple English comprehension. Make your point. Quote. Explain. (P. Q. E ... or however you learned it!) :p

Advertisement