Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Noob Contacts Q- but searched!!!

• 04-02-2011 8:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Have a new HTC Desire. All good, transferred my contacts from SIM to phone. I went into people app - menu- and selcted to show only phone contacts.

Now without having to mess around with gmail etc...

When I want to write a new text and click the people icon in top right, all my SIM and phone contacts are present. Is there any way to show only phone contacts?? i.e. different app to use or trick? (Don't want to delete contacts from SIM, but will do as last resort)

I have searched but no answers :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭calum

I don't think there's any way to change it in the messaging app... annoys me too sometimes. The workaround is to start from the People app, click the person you want to text, then click "Send message" on their details page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

or just bother to save all your contacts to either Hotmail or Google and have them updated and saved on the web and always there. Most smartphones supports contacts online at this stage to be pulled down into your phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭calum

or just bother to save all your contacts to either Hotmail or Google and have them updated and saved on the web and always there. Most smartphones supports contacts online at this stage to be pulled down into your phone
    I prefer to keep them on my SIM as well... never hurts to have a backup, and not the first time I've had to pop it into a non-smartphone for a day or three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Yeah but with online contacts you can never loose them and you can download and sync them across many different smartphones. And its free ;) So nvm the limited sim :) Its just easier. For me it is anyway :)

I moved from android to windows phone 7 and once i synced my google and hotmail contacts. Everything was there again like on the old phone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

I have an SGS so the Desire might not be the same despite both running android

Phonebook > menu + more > display options

There you can select where your contacts come from i.e. phone sim google facebook twitter
    You can also select "only display contacts with phone numbers"

hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Scotty #

This is a bug in Android where by when composing a new messge (with stock app) contacts are shown from all sources (SIM, Phone, and Google) regardless of the display options you have set in your contacts options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Scotty # wrote: »
    This is a bug in Android where by when composing a new messge (with stock app) contacts are shown from all sources (SIM, Phone, and Google) regardless of the display options you have set in your contacts options.

Yeah I noticed that recently on Darkys v9 but I dont think I had that on stock 2.2, I could be wrong though, I rarely use that way of composing a message.

Advertisement