Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

7.1 amp and 5.1 speakers need advice

• 04-02-2011 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

hi
    i have a 7.1 Marantz SR4003 AV amplifier receiver and jbl cs480 5.1 Speakers. what i want to know is 1 can i add two more speakers at the same watts. 2 where can i get two good speakers that will sute my set up. any advice will be a help thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

you are probably looking for two more small speakers you probably wont find two more like your other speakers but the wattage dosent matter you amp claims 70 watts per channel so any small speakers above that would be fine its voice matching that counts but the rear effects dont usually have much content in 7.1 the odd plane fying over you from the rear ,so if you can source a small pair of speakers on ebay etc should be fine but as i said not much dvds with 7.1 content i own same amp its very good are you happy with your setup

• Registered Users Posts: 33 jackman1

Hi dharn
    Since I posted this I got two 25-100w Q acoustics floorstanding speakers. The amp is great there is so many options but as from my first post I am not a expert.I set up the new speaker and there is a big improvement in the surround sound. Just need a bigger room and I will in a few weeks I am moving in to a bigger house in a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

good for you

Advertisement