Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

problem with ESB and estimated bills!

• 04-02-2011 10:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭

I know this is a common problem but still I think it's unfair! we decided last year that we were going to change our supplier to board gas when one of there representatives called to the door so as per protocol they took the current meter reading and sent it in to the ESB no problem there as they duly sent back a reply saying thank you for our custom and that our account was in credit of I think 150 euro off the top of my head which they sent back to us in a cheque with a kindly worded letter saying we are welcome back at any time. Our first bill with our new supplier was somewhere in the Reagan of 2,000 euro and we were put under severe pressure from them to have the bill paid or we were going to be cut off so payment plan arranged we set about getting this bill paid off so the kids wouldn't have to do there homework by candle light and all that, we had about half the bill paid off when board gas decided that it wasn't being paid off quickly enough and rang to put some extra squeeze on us furious row then commenced with the end result being that we didn't owe them the money after all and it was going to be credited to our account!! So we had a few months of not having to pay our bills which was great until about 6 months later when a rude member of ESB contacted us demanding the 2,000 euro of us threatening to cut us off and take us to court! even tried to deny at one stage that they had given us a rebate. Now we have being paying this off for some time now in conjunction with our other bill but I'm really pissed off about it how can the ESB expect us to pay for there mistakes and be pretty nasty about it into the bargain why don't they send out some one to read the meter once in a while ours was never read by them

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi kev1.3s,

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you've been through with regard to your bill. If you would like me to investigate the matter for you, please PM me your account details.

For information on ESB Networks' meter reading policy, click here.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement