Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy beef sausages and liver, kidney & heart?

Options
  • 04-02-2011 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

I'm living in the northern part of Dublin and am having trouble sourcing beef sausages, liver, kidney & heart.

Can someone point me to a butcher that sells the above? Especially if it is free-range or organic. I would prefer to buy within Dublin, but can travel outside of Dublin (up to 1 hour out) ...

TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

There's a butcher on parnell street that does beef sausages. It's across the road from the end of moore street, forget what it's called. Dunno about hearts and kidneys but they shouldn't be too hard to find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

I know for a fact that they stock liver, kidney & heart,never saw beef sausages though.
    not sure if is free- range or organic

Polonez
    Main St, Naas, Co. Kildare
    SHOPPING MALL
    Phone: 045 85 67 31

http://www.polonez.ie/shops-location/naas.html

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭smiles302

Most Muslim butchers will have beef sausages. Or African food shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

I buy my kidney's, liver and hearts from Smiths in Raheny, Dubin 5!

Not sure about organic but they are delicious!

I have never seen beef sausages but if you find some nice ones let us know!

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭zbluebirdz

Dead Ed wrote: »
    There's a butcher on parnell street that does beef sausages. It's across the road from the end of moore street, forget what it's called. Dunno about hearts and kidneys but they shouldn't be too hard to find.

Tks.

Terry Whelan - family butchers.
    Near the corner of Parnell Street & Lower Dominick Street. Can't miss them really (simply look for a blue coloured shop).

Brought some beef sausages from TW - not too bad. 6 large uns for a fiver. Didn't really have a selection of beef sausages (eg beef & herbs, spicy beef, etc), but better than nothing.

Grilled the sausages - didn't shrink much - which I guess is a good sign (not filled with too much water).

Didn't ask about liver, kidneys & hearts - am simply sussing out where I can buy them so that the day I want to buy some, I'll know where ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭papermaker

zbluebirdz wrote: »
    I'm living in the northern part of Dublin and am having trouble sourcing beef sausages, liver, kidney & heart.

Can someone point me to a butcher that sells the above? Especially if it is free-range or organic. I would prefer to buy within Dublin, but can travel outside of Dublin (up to 1 hour out) ...

TIA.
    not sure about beef sausages but FX Buckleys Moore St sells the rest

Advertisement