Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeping Dogs (formerly True Crime: Hong Kong)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Anyone else finding the combat horrendous on pc ? like its the worst thing ive ever seen in my life camera twitching about non stop the controls just seem to stop working in fights for me, and its very sluggish.

Do steam do refunds :confused:

I wasn't happy with the combat. You just need to learn the different opponents and how to attack them using different combos and grapples. I died quite a few times in my early fights but now since I've learnt how to fight, I've actually won two fight clubs (the 6th rounds are crazy v 10 people).

I'm also using a 360 controller and works wonders... makes driving and fighting so much easier for me (shooting also quite manageable).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I dont have a controller its a pain in the backside tbh, controlling cars is easier than moving around on foot =/

Anyone know an easy way to get a ps3 controller working on a pc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Anyone know an easy way to get a ps3 controller working on a pc ?

http://www.motioninjoy.com/download

Can be a bit fiddly but it definitely works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

What a game! Having a blast tearing around the city. Fighting is way more challenging than the earlier vids showed and im learning class moves. The graphics in the rain are unreal.

Anyone having problems on the social club? Says im the only person on my friends list but I saw other people on my list playing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

sheehy83 wrote: »
    What a game! Having a blast tearing around the city. Fighting is way more challenging than the earlier vids showed and im learning class moves. The graphics in the rain are unreal.

Anyone having problems on the social club? Says im the only person on my friends list but I saw other people on my list playing it.

I remember when it started raining for the first time.
    I thought it looked amazing.....

Then I continued beating the crap out of the guy beside me. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ya the fighting can be really hard,I spent an hour trying to get through one fight :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I actually hated the cars at the beginning but then i got some Class B cars and now I 'm actually looking out for races to test my driving. Love drifting perfectly around a bend in the rain! Also Class A cars go fricking mental fast!.

Also I used to used to hate chase missions in GTA as too hard to shoot and drive etc but in this game they are actually fun though its quite tricky to press, LT, RB and LB to drive, aim and shoot :p

Also sheehy83 my social club is working fine, thought it was broken but one of my friends just bought and hes showing up on the challenges. Maybe it needs a restart? Does the global list work for you?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Some screenshots

sleepingdogs1.jpg

SleepingDogs2.jpg

sleepingdogs3.jpg

sleepingdogs4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,173 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Feck sake. Went to Xtravision earlier to get this and they didn't have it.

They had the cases out on display, but when I went to the counter I was told they won't have it until next week but ''they have to leave the cases on display.''

Why?! It's teasing people!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

yeah i cant seem to get it anywhere in limerick :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

It's back down to €22 on g2play.net.

Those pics are class man. Ya the global list works on my social hub, will try again this morning. I love the driving. I think they nailed it. Camera on the bikes can b wonky but driving those super bikes is a great laugh. Pulling a wheelie to ramp over cars is class too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

caspa307 wrote: »
    yeah i cant seem to get it anywhere in limerick :/

Ah feck was going in today to pick it up :(, is this game really that much under the radar mainstream wise? I just assumed because it is all over the internets there was a decent amount of interest. If you find it anywhere let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Elysian

danthefan wrote: »
    It's back down to €22 on g2play.net.

Thanks for the heads-up man, just picked it up there :)

theres a gun located in a lock box here at boardwalk you will see the red man thingy pop up kill the three dudes there and beside the boat is the box with the gun
    578919_10151186168536081_1167102129_n.jpg

also with a pistol grab anyone with circle to take them hostage then if you press square on ps3 you will knee cap them :D i waited around and an ambulance came and wei stole it at gun point lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Ah feck was going in today to pick it up :(, is this game really that much under the radar mainstream wise? I just assumed because it is all over the internets there was a decent amount of interest. If you find it anywhere let me know.

gamestop in william street had 2 in thats the only place i found it, tried xtravision, smyths are not even advertising it!! hmv were out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

caspa307 wrote: »
    gamestop in william street had 2 in thats the only place i found it, tried xtravision, smyths are not even advertising it!! hmv were out

Thanks! Will get it in GameStop so :) sound out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Is there anyway to store cars you hijack? Sick of losing the nice ones :( and I've barely any HK to my name to buy new ones, not to mention that I'm still on Face Lvl 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Is there anyway to store cars you hijack? Sick of losing the nice ones :( and I've barely any HK to my name to buy new ones, not to mention that I'm still on Face Lvl 1.

I'm going to be majorly disappointed if there isn't...

Thought I saw Wei using a garage in one of the GP demos...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

aaronh007 wrote: »
    wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'm going to be majorly disappointed if there isn't...

Thought I saw Wei using a garage in one of the GP demos...

You can only store cars that you have bought.

You can only store cars that you have bought.

Ghey. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Ghey. :(

I think it's a fair compromise between Saints Row's "Steal anything you want and then its yours" and GTA's "Car ownership? What's that?"

I just got a pistol :)

I didn't even shoot a pistol yet, only 12% of the game completed. Whats everyones favourite combat moves?

I find myself going for the grapple and leg break making all the guys around wince. That and the class wall vault although it can get a bit glitchy. Anyone who hasn;t tried it, in a fight press x facing a wall and then press square to kick off it to do a mad spinning kick.

Ok I don't seem to have the pistol now anymore :confused:

I think it's a fair compromise between Saints Row's "Steal anything you want and then its yours" and GTA's "Car ownership? What's that?"

But with GTA you can keep cars you steal. Part of what I like about free-roam games like that is finding a rare car and storing it in my Garage and taking out for a leisurely cruise now and then.

But I guess I'll live without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I didn't even shoot a pistol yet, only 12% of the game completed. Whats everyones favourite combat moves?

I find myself going for the grapple and leg break making all the guys around wince. That and the class wall vault although it can get a bit glitchy. Anyone who hasn;t tried it, in a fight press x facing a wall and then press square to kick off it to do a mad spinning kick.

Only weapon I've used so far is a tire iron, and that was to destroy a car. Love the fact they made Wei a weapon himself. Some of the moves are brutal, like the jump off the wall spin kick. Which is class by the way :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Ok I don't seem to have the pistol now anymore :confused:

he puts it away down on the direction pad takes it out. unless your on that mission at the docks.

Advertisement