Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeping Dogs (formerly True Crime: Hong Kong)

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I have it here now in the office beside me, but have a softball match this evening so it'll be after 9 before I get to look at it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

+1 on the strong knee followed up by the kick to the face move you can unlock.

I also find the leg break (grapple, square, hold sqaure) is very effective against large groups as it makes guys wince which stopes their attacks and gives you some breathing room. Plus it looks savage!

I'm only face 3 and have a load of outfits I found in lockboxes that I can't wear yet. Even have the Bruce Lee yellow jumpsuit. Think i'll go looking to do more favours get my face up.

Was weird singing a boyzone song in karaoke. Was even weirder when my gf walked in and asked WTF I was playing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Don't forget races also up your face level. Try finding items of clothing, food, drinks that'll give you a face xp boost too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

cad-20120817-d65fa.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

sheehy83 wrote: »
    +1 on the strong knee followed up by the kick to the face move you can unlock.

I also find the leg break (grapple, square, hold sqaure) is very effective against large groups as it makes guys wince which stopes their attacks and gives you some breathing room. Plus it looks savage!

Yeah very effective moves... you can also unlock an arm break move which is more or less the next step up from leg break (hit, hit + strong) though leg break is more effective as you get an additional hard hit with the stun
    I'm only face 3 and have a load of outfits I found in lockboxes that I can't wear yet. Even have the Bruce Lee yellow jumpsuit. Think i'll go looking to do more favours get my face up.

Yeah as has been mentioned do the races if you have decent car or bike to quickly level up your Face XP (also some clothes give an additional 5-15% Face boost).

I'd also recommoned doing the drug busts. The initial beat up of the thugs give you face + Triad XP (they can be hard fights against lots of armed opponents) and then hack the security camera. Do this for all drug busts in the area then head back to your apartment and use your TV to catch all drug busts at once to easily raise your Cop XP too.

I actually quite liked the mini-games too. The dial was annoying as my analog stick kept missing the number by one meaning I had to spin dial around a few times but eventually got it down. I enjoyed the hacking mini-game where you had to guess the number and their locations.

• Advertisement

I tried a few races and they are actually a good laugh, usually racing in sandbox games is a chore!

I'm mad for one of those nedd for spped type tuner cars with the decals. Can you buy one of those at any point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

calex71 wrote: »
    Just getting started on this really but how nice is it for a change to drive on the left !!!!!!!! :D

I actually keep forgetting to do this - I'm so used to every game being drive on the right!

Newaglish wrote: »
    I actually keep forgetting to do this - I'm so used to every game being drive on the right!

I'm the exact same, I keep finding myself driving into oncoming traffic from pure habit.

I also found that using the charge button in the car when you are about to leave a ramp launches you higher and further.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Game arrived this morning, looking forward to playing it later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Game arrived just there... Not sure if I'm gonna get to play it before next Wednesday though.

1000336-02-00-00-00_lg.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Only problem I have with this so far is the camera while driving, it doesn't seem to move with you while you are turning, is there any way to fix this?

ShaneU wrote: »
    Only problem I have with this so far is the camera while driving, it doesn't seem to move with you while you are turning, is there any way to fix this?

What are you playing it on? If your using it on PC are you using a gamepad?
    I used wireless 360 controller for whole game (on PC) and never noticed any issues with camera turning (used to have issue on GTA using a mouse).

The camera when reversing is a bit messed up though. It's also nearly impossible to use in tight spaces as you feel like your continually fighting it but on the whole it didn't cause me any issues when doing missions so I just lived with it.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Yeah I think the camera is abit wonky when trying to turn or reverse in tight spaces.
    Fine when driving generally though.
    On PC using a wired xbox pad.

Enjoying it so far. Good game, and a good port.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Started last night and really enjoying it. I'd been playing GTAIV leading up to this and it's already far more fun and interesting than the drab missions you were given in that game. I'm enjoying the combat as I actually have to pay attention to my surroundings instead of mashing buttons until someone dies so I can move on.

Still not used to driving on the left, I find myself always on the wrong side of the road and hopping into a car on the wrong side.

Game looks stunning at night and when it rains at 1080p with the HD texture pack, driving on the motorway in the rain looks insanely good. Wish Ireland looked that good on a rainy day :pac:

It's a solid port and the engine runs excellently at top settings (Screen Space Ambient Occlusion is the one turned down because it looks bizarre and gives everyone an odd glow around them, I put that down to my card)

Only problems I have with it are small, like the camera being a bit odd when you're driving or reversing and the mouths on the characters could've done with a bit more work, considering how great everything else looks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,857 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

What are you playing it on? If your using it on PC are you using a gamepad?
    I used wireless 360 controller for whole game (on PC) and never noticed any issues with camera turning (used to have issue on GTA using a mouse).

The camera when reversing is a bit messed up though. It's also nearly impossible to use in tight spaces as you feel like your continually fighting it but on the whole it didn't cause me any issues when doing missions so I just lived with it.

I'm using a 360 pad on pc too

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Played about an hour or so there,

Loving it so far. Seems like there's loads to do. I love the combat system putting dogeyes thugs into the fans on the roofs is fun.

The driving seems smooth so far as well.

The graphics are amazing .

Did anyone else get the limited edition( didn't realise I ordered that one) it comes with some SWAT mission along with three outfits worn by ' George St Pierre' from UFC. (What's the connection there?).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Did anyone else get the limited edition( didn't realise I ordered that one) it comes with some SWAT mission along with three outfits worn by ' George St Pierre' from UFC. (What's the connection there?).

He helped with the development of the combat system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Been playing it since like half ten this morning, it's really good, really enjoying all the things you can do around the city, finding it slow to level up though.

finding it slow to level up though.

What area?

Face - Do races (big xp), favours and the initial part of the drug bust to quickly ramp this up (i had this maxed long before I finished the game)

Triad - Kill people (stylishly) while on missions such as environmental kills, combos, counters and headshots. Think you may get some additional for completing the missions.

Cop - Quickest way is drug busts or cases. You do lose points from this while on missions though I never really noticed it much at the end.

For the above three you can also wear a set of clothes or an item that gives a 5,10,15% bonus to your regular xp.

Also its a good idea to collect all the statues as you can pick up some really handy combat moves that will give additional Triad xp when used.

For people in the collecting phase, by completing dates (very easy) you unlock different things including the different types of collectibles appearing on your mini-map.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

(Oh and that issue I was having before with my Triad score seems to be bug. On one screen it shows as level 10 but on the upgrade screen it only shows just level 9. Unfortunately I can't seem to raise it any more though I may try and repeat a mission to see if that boosts it.)

Read there on the SD forum to complete the triad xp after finishing the game to replay missions with low xp ones I.e the triangles not being filled to full should help in stuck my self after finishing it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Still can't get past that bloody fight in the club,pissing me off now :( maybe I need to level a bit

Still can't get past that bloody fight in the club,pissing me off now :( maybe I need to level a bit

The counters and attacks themselves that you get from finding the statues definitely helps. The upgrade you get for making the recovery faster from when you mistime a counter is incredibly helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Where's this cheapest on the high street anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ha has anyone grappled when beside a car??? bash bash with the car door :D

Have this annoying bug (xbox) after I have evaded police where the sirens will keep going until i reload a save , very annoying.

I completely forgot to grab someone and throw them in the boot of the car!

I recommend using your phone and calling the girls for dates. After one date with each, I have health shrines and jade statues on my map. Very handy

I completely forgot to grab someone and throw them in the boot of the car!

I recommend using your phone and calling the girls for dates. After one date with each, I have health shrines and jade statues on my map. Very handy

Yeah I've lockboxes showing up on mine. Did about 20 mins worth of collecting so I could buy that new car I wanted :o

Who allows the jade statues to show up? Need 4 more I think.

Tiffany I think, the karaoke hostess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Yeah I've lockboxes showing up on mine. Did about 20 mins worth of collecting so I could buy that new car I wanted :o

It was either tiffany or not ping for the jades I think.

cars are 40% cheaper if you have face level 10, clothes the same if you get one of the others level 10 can't remember which, handy to know if you are going for the buy all achievements.

aaronh007 wrote: »

Yeah as the other guys said either Tiffany or not ping - but best to do all of them anyway. Also it's best if you have a lot of the game completed before trying to get those statues as there are few of them (3 I think) in areas which you cannot access without having been there on mission before. I found a few in areas I had passed through and not even noticed the first time around!

I'm on the collectible trek myself and it's proving hard work. I have most of the health shrines but there are loads of lockboxes to find so only about half way through them at present. Also there is one annoying security camera (docks in Aberdeen) where I cannot reach the control panel... climbed all over the place but nothing can reach that point!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Anyone know if xtravision in limerick have this back in stock yet

Advertisement