Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RDF medical examination perameters

Options
  • 04-02-2011 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hey guys, just wondering, I have my medical for the RDF next wednesday and was just wondering if there is anything they look for in particular and the different tests they carry out.

Also on a side note, I've been training with my unit since July.
    Absolutely crazy how long it takes, opinions?:D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Hey guys, just wondering, I have my medical for the RDF next wednesday and was just wondering if there is anything they look for in particular and the different tests they carry out.

Also on a side note, I've been training with my unit since July.
    Absolutely crazy how long it takes, opinions?:D

They may do a flexibility test,ask questions regarding smoking and drinking. They also check for hernia. They check blood pressure as well.

And you may also do your Audiogram (hearing test) and eye test on the same day.

Yup it takes ages,a result of the times we live in I am afraid,but its worth the wait!

I am sure there is more regarding the medical,I just cant think of anything right now sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 DieHardMaggot

They may do a flexibility test,ask questions regarding smoking and drinking. They also check for hernia. They check blood pressure as well.

And you may also do your Audiogram (hearing test) and eye test on the same day.

Yup it takes ages,a result of the times we live in I am afraid,but its worth the wait!

I am sure there is more regarding the medical,I just cant think of anything right now sorry

Ah okay, I do smoke, don't drink. Just above average fitness.
    No problem.
    Ah it is worth it, I love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

Ah okay, I do smoke, don't drink. Just above average fitness.
    No problem.
    Ah it is worth it, I love it.
    The medical will consist of a eyesight test/ colour blindness test. The doctor will check your heart rate etc and have a look at your physical appearence.The doctor will ask you if you have ever broken any bones or had any serious ilnesses and just some regular questions about your lifestyle, eg do you smoke and drink. You might do your hearing test on the same day, just don't listen to loud music until after your medical is over. The doctor will take your height and weight, BMI, however I wouldn't worry about that much considering the size of some people in the RDF :D. You said you are above average fitness, which will work to your advantage health wise during the medical, best of luck :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 DieHardMaggot

The medical will consist of a eyesight test/ colour blindness test. The doctor will check your heart rate etc and have a look at your physical appearence.The doctor will ask you if you have ever broken any bones or had any serious ilnesses and just some regular questions about your lifestyle, eg do you smoke and drink. You might do your hearing test on the same day, just don't listen to loud music until after your medical is over. The doctor will take your height and weight, BMI, however I wouldn't worry about that much considering the size of some people in the RDF :D. You said you are above average fitness, which will work to your advantage health wise during the medical, best of luck :D.

Thank you! I done my hearing test 3/4 months ago.
    So I'd say I'll just end up doing the eye test after the physical examination.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

They'll also do a quick urinalysis to check for diabetes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭BuckJamesRogers

You'll probably have to do the *cough* test too

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

You'll probably have to do the *cough* test too

It is exactly what your thinking folks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Drop trou and cough. Make sure he washes his hands first :P The cough test, is also a way in which they check for gingers masquerading as normal people. If the carpet doesn't match the curtains it will be noted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

BigDuffman wrote: »
    The cough test, is also a way in which they check for gingers masquerading as normal people. If the carpet doesn't match the curtains it will be noted.

And I would have gotten away with it, if it wasn't for that pesky nurse sgt in Bricins

Advertisement