Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish TV on ur PC

• 04-02-2011 10:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Maybe some of ye are not aware of this, but might be interested. 5 channels, RTE1/RTE2/TV3/3e/TG4 Nothing to download or install and if you use browser tabs you can leave it running while surfing the boards.

You just sign up for an account and when you confirm your email address away you go. The channel icons are at the bottom of the screen. I find it running great even though I'm on mobile BB but I am in a strong signal area.

https://www.magnetwebtv.ie/web/index.jsp

mjkli.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Anyone know what colleges they offer the upgrade to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Anyone know what colleges they offer the upgrade to?

You can use this with any bb provider, I'm with meteor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I know that but on the website they say they offer an upgrade to existing broadband customers and certain colleges. I understand from that that you need to be a customer of theirs to get the upgraded package to include bbc etc. Anyone know what colleges they offer to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Thanks for the info.

Its also possible to get a little USB key type thing that acts as a TV receiver.

Strictly speaking with the USB key you'd need a TV licence (but you could watch TV on the train or bus if you want) but with that site you wouldn't need a TV licence.

Advertisement