Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I Predict a Riot

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Meh, The general tone seems to be pretty balanced, surprisingly enough...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Yeah I'm suprised the dirty noisy scumbag biker stereotype hasn't been played yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Yeah I'm suprised the dirty noisy scumbag biker stereotype hasn't been played yet

I was busy that night :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

The crew over in Motors forum is a knowledgable bunch even if they are fond of high horse comments.

It's a balanced thread and most of them are correct, no riot here
    pegasus1 wrote: »
    one last thing if the bike was turning left, into lidl, the forward speed would be like 1 or 2 mile an hour and should not have done much damage as it would be sideswipe at low speed..

Bit of a strange comment??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I dont think its a strange comment, they would be rightin saying if he was turning left he would of been going slow, maybe not THAT slow though. But as someone pointed out, if it went to court ya can bet he would claim he was turning left.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

its a silly argument, the car is fully in the wrong, if the car had not made the turn everything would have been fine, the bike still had time after the junction to leave the lane that became a bus lane, as the truck who flashed more than likely braked slightly to allow the car cross, which closed the gap for the biker and also blindsided him even more as the car was now hidden until too late.

my opinion car 100% wrong, nothing more to say but i do think it will get a rise out of some people who like to give silly opinions to get into a good argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

I think its fairly well balanced over there, no need to get it kicking off amongst ourselves...if it was a car instead of a bike there' be no thread here...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Sids Not wrote: »
    I think its fairly well balanced over there, no need to get it kicking off amongst ourselves...if it was a car instead of a bike there' be no thread here...;)

You are right.
    I have kept an eye on that thread, and it seems like a sensible debate.

I think we should leave it be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

fair point, saving people reading a load of bull, but it hits home as i was in a very similar crash except the i was in a car and the idiot who crossed was not..enough said...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

yeah - seems fair so far...

The time of day and type of bus lane is also important. Most people forget that many bus lanes in dublin are only operational in certain times of the day.. although, given that the traffic was heavy you would assume that it was rush our and the bus lane was in effect... but you dont know... could have been a sunday for all we know?!

• Advertisement

jameshayes wrote: »

The time of day and type of bus lane is also important. Most people forget that many bus lanes in dublin are only operational in certain times of the day.. although, given that the traffic was heavy you would assume that it was rush our and the bus lane was in effect... but you dont know... could have been a sunday for all we know?!

But the bike was'nt in the bus lane at the impact ...someone said that its a 24 hour/7 day one..

Does anyone know of the biker...its all a bit one-sided at the moment...it'd be nice to hear his side..(not that he's in the wrong imo)...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

jameshayes wrote: »

My 0.02 given..... :)http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70533477#post70533477

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

That Primsey is a piece of work.....obviously does'nt like bikes.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

We've given our opinions on the thread, not that they are taken much notice of them. No point in discussing it here anymore.

We are stating the same but for some reason others just don't get the logic of it! ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I love the argument, "but the biker was using the bus lane illegally".

Oh yeah you're right, it makes it totally ok to knock him down so.

RosieJoe wrote: »
    We are stating the same but for some reason others just don't get the logic of it! ;)

Car drivers .........:rolleyes:

Advertisement