Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

o2/HTC claim water damage

• 05-02-2011 12:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭

Hi all,

I recently returned my HTC Desire to o2 for a warranty repair (it would start to reboot itself after a while of internet browsing, GPS etc). After about 3 weeks I have finally been advised that they found water damage in the phone and so they refuse to repair it. The problem is the phone has never been dropped in water, used in rain, etc. The very worst is it might have been near some damp air if the bathroom door was left open during a shower etc. To me if this use renders a phone out of warranty and therefore not suitable for repair, then the phone is not 'fit for purpose'. I would note that the fault with the phone is a known fault not related to water damage.

Has anybody else experienced problems with warranty repairs being refused on the basis of moisture damage when the phones haven't been dropped in water etc? I am seriously considering bringing this to the small claims court as I simply can't afford to fork out €400 for a replacement phone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

There is interesting discussion in the iphone forum for something similar.

Not sure on the specifics, but I'd call bollox and bring it through the courts.

Advertisement