Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should a Psychic Give Very Bad New?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭celtic1888

995thewolf wrote: »
    With regards to my last post, i want to make it clear that i did not say it might have been billy that they went to see. I was just telling you that my friend and I had been to him. With regards to my friends reading, he was able to tell her the exact way she was going to meet her boyfriend. He also told her the exact reason herself and her family had a disagreement, which was something that happened over 30 years ago, before she was born!! This was a few years ago now. It was a bit of fun for me but i know there is a lot of people out there who take very much to heart what these people say.

i think he gets "visions" as well as whatever other abilities he has (i wouldnt have a bogs notion about it)

last year he was doing a reading for me, going through the motions & then bang out of nowhere says "i see you at a friend but not a close friends funeral where you wont know many other mourners in & around November"

theres me stood in a church at a funeral late november of a fella i knew through sport that had died suddenly, biggest funeral i was ever at & i knew a handful there....

fairly precise...

something else he predicted for me has started to happen lately too which i cant say but im in no doubt hes the genuine article and i was never "into" any of this nonsense before i went to him for a reading

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

I think first of all one should check the credentials and history of prediction accuracy. And better if the girl in question feels quite seriously struck with it than she can have some normal medical examination meeting with her doctor. Without analyzing symptoms for the said disease no doctor will like you going for such kind of serious/precious tests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

celtic1888 wrote: »
    "in & around November"

theres me stood in a church at a funeral late november

In fairness there's a good chance you'd be at a funeral at some stage in the last three months of the year.

Opinicus wrote: »
    In fairness there's a good chance you'd be at a funeral at some stage in the last three months of the year.

why?

do people wait until winter to die?;)

he previously predicted a babys death to occur in june 2006....that happened too to a friend of mines child (terrible) work that one out Perry:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

celtic1888 wrote: »
    why?

do people wait until winter to die?;)

he previously predicted a babys death to occur in june 2006....that happened too to a friend of mines child (terrible) work that one out Perry:D

He has a point, in fairness - is winter (or the last two months of the year) the 'passing away season'?

People drop dead at all times throughout the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭28064212

He has a point, in fairness - is winter (or the last two months of the year) the 'passing away season'?

People drop dead at all times throughout the year.
    I think the point was more about the vagueness of the prediction. "In and around November" covers a whole three months. "A friend, but not a close friend" covers everyone other than one or two people. And this is in Ireland, where going to funerals is practically a past-time. Not to mention the confirmation bias: if it hadn't happened, would celtic1888 have been on here explaining how it didn't come true? What about the other predictions that were just him "going through the motions"?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

28064212 wrote: »
    I think the point was more about the vagueness of the prediction. "In and around November" covers a whole three months. "A friend, but not a close friend" covers everyone other than one or two people. And this is in Ireland, where going to funerals is practically a past-time. Not to mention the confirmation bias: if it hadn't happened, would celtic1888 have been on here explaining how it didn't come true? What about the other predictions that were just him "going through the motions"?

the majority of his predictions have happened for me, im not naive and it took serial predictions to occur before i started to believe in him.....ive also posted the odd occurance of one of his foresights not happening on here, the timelines are a good guage,whether he says days,weeks or a specific month etc a death in the future is generic ****e but hes more specific down to month and other tidbits.....you need to experience it & no that isnt a plug for him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

I think the point was more about the vagueness of the prediction. "In and around November" covers a whole three months. "A friend, but not a close friend" covers everyone other than one or two people.

Yeah, that's true.
    Not to mention the confirmation bias: if it hadn't happened, would celtic1888 have been on here explaining how it didn't come true? What about the other predictions that were just him "going through the motions"?

Celtic, did Billy add any more detail concerning that specific prediction, or was that it ("You'll be at a funeral of a friend, but not a close friend, in and around November, where you won't know many of the other mourners")?

And can you think of any predictions Billy made for you in the past that have never happened?
    And this is in Ireland, where going to funerals is practically a past-time.

I can only speak for myself now, but I haven't attended a funeral since 2004.

Yeah, that's true.

Celtic, did Billy add any more detail concerning that specific prediction, or was that it ("You'll be at a funeral of a friend, but not a close friend, in and around November, where you won't know many of the other mourners")?

And can you think of any predictions Billy made for you in the past that have never happened?

I can only speak for myself now, but I haven't attended a funeral since 2004.

imo that is as specific as you are goin to get from these people....he gave the month, the fact it was a friend but not close to me & that i wouldnt know many attending, the other poster has said that because this person wasnt a close friend means it covers anybody else but i disagree....he could have said an extended family member, a child (like before) and elderly relative of a friend etc etc, he actually predicted an elderly death to occur in May last year (Friends father died in May, he was in his 70's)

yes, i asked him about the sale of a property a few years back & he said "theres a lot of paperwork around you regarding property in June, that must be it"....turns out it wasnt, i did, however purchase a place that month

& hes seen me meeting the "one" a few times and while ive met plenty of people etc ive not met the "one"....

i dont really listen to the "generic" stuff he says and guage my accuracy from the questions that i ask him relating to specific things in my life...sometimes i dont need to ask as he will cover them in the reading or "pick up" whats bugging me etc

Advertisement