Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John Deere 6430

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 deerekane

not much power in a 6230 standard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

oil coolers no ,half axels what year t 130seal in axel or in the hub

06 130 and an 07 120 both at the hub.
    The A95 is an 08 with 760hrs on it that the uncle had and we bought off him last week.He's now bought a 6330 Standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 diggerdrivered

mickpbarry wrote: »
    Lad, I know what you're going through. The thing about JD's is that everyone knows someone who's had a bad experience, and all the other dealers like to talk these up. But the reality is that any make/model can give trouble. If you can stretch to new, at least you'd have comfort in the warranty.

I bought a new 6330 in 2009, just the standard one. It pulls a 3-sod reversible no bother at all, works a 4m mf 30 drill, has a decent spec, all 110 horses are available. Pulls 10-tonne of grain to the merchant in each trailer, spreads dung out of a 7.5 yard spreader in 540 economy (huge saving in diesel!).

She's hard on diesel when flat out with the mower though. But that's because it's a standard version.

The difference between standard and premium is the valves, and the engine management. The standard has the 2-valve engine, and suits me great during the winter for the cattle. During the winter she spends a fair amount of time just ticking over, or on light duties. The Standard version uses much less diesel in this case. However, when out mowing, the premium model would give you better return. So you just need to consider which kind of driving you'll be at.

You also need to consider who's driving it. For example, most functions on the Standard are manually controlled, but on the premium, all the spots, pto settings, etc. are managed via the touch screen console. I know my auld lad would rather drive in the dark than figure out how to turn the spots on with a touch screen.

And then there's the premium price, expect to pay up to 4 - 4.5 k more for a premium model, on the lower end of the 6030 series, i.e. 6130 - 6430.

I've had absolutely no trouble with mine and she now has 1000 hours up on her. I also bought a service contract at the time, approx 1 euro per hour + VAT. All I have to do is call the dealer and he comes out and services for me, bought a 1500 hr contract. No additional labour/oil costs.

Also, in terms of price, I found JD to be very competitive. To be realistic, and this is no disrespect to other brands, but if re-sale value matters to you, then there are really only 3 makes to consider, JD, New Holland and Massey. I priced a 5445 and a New Holland 5040 against the JD, and the JD was cheaper than both. I traded in a 04 McCormick CX105 against it. So don't be fooled by what others say, it's the dealer, not the brand, that's usually expensive. Go and get a realistic price for yourself, but be serious when you're out with the dealers, they can tell when you're only half interested, and so you'll never get follow up from them.

And just for info, neighbour has a 5445, and I drove it to see what they are like. Very noise in-cab in comparison to the JD or the New Holland.

Any questions about the JD, just ask. But I've found the 6330 to be great, suits my operation to a tee, didn't need anymore than the 110 horses, otherwise I would have gone for the 6430.

Mick.
    Just after getting a 6230 premium at home, 08 model 633 loader new tyres 4000 hrs etc. since we got it after hearing horror stories about local 30s(albeit 6 cylinders) the engines going in them more than once in some cases, anything to be worried about on the four cylinders?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭larthehar

I have a 05 5455, has given quite a bit of trouble.. alternator bracket broke in several places, reinforced it to the point it could be broke in the end! pto pack went, reverse pack also went, all due to damper plate failing. switch in clutch starting to bring up errors when it gets a good run. Lots of small stuff; fuse blowing for air seat, air con rad blowing, air rams failing, switches failing, new alt and new starter all happened with only 5k hours... Regarding power very sluggish when cold, handles the 2000 gallon tanker with ease when warm. tidy for loader work, as all masseys a little light on the rear.. not too bad on diesel either!!
    Thinking of changing for a case or JD, heavier back-end's, heavier on diesel too doh!! As said above, any machine can have a bad egg. The predecessor of the 5455 was a 4255, 7 years and never even changed the battery!! New massey 5460 is suppose to be good, all anyone wants is more bang for there buck I think!

Advertisement