Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Karl Hungus

Options
  • 05-02-2011 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

Where is he? He used to post on here and in the film forum quite a bit. I never really chatted with him but I enjoyed his posts a lot.

Is he still about or did Walter Sobchak finally twig that he was one of the nihilists?:D

EDIT: Just did a search for his username and he is coming up as a closed account. Farewell oh mighty Hungus I shall enjoy your film pposts no more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Kess73 wrote: »
    Where is he? He used to post on here and in the film forum quite a bit. I never really chatted with him but I enjoyed his posts a lot.

Is he still about or did Walter Sobchak finally twig that he was one of the nihilists?:D

EDIT: Just did a search for his username and he is coming up as a closed account. Farewell oh mighty Hungus I shall enjoy your film pposts no more.
    Next time I meet him for a pint I'll tell him you were asking after him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I miss Karl, he was a great poster, and it's a shame when they decide to hang up their respective avatar's for good.

I also miss the Dr (he used to post here with Hank Scorpio from Simpsons as his picture) - I've seen his posts on Metal Ireland, but don't post there as much. He sort of took off after a while.

I personally come and go but after 6 years here it's kind of become like a second home lol - and living abroad this thread is about the only Irish interaction I have on a weekly basis

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Maybe Malice IS Karl Hungus?
    I personally come and go but after 6 years here
    You're here only 6 years? Get off my lawn, lil whippersnapper!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Karl Hungus and Dr J, Sorely missed by boards.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

May they rest in piece.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Baggio1

was very fond of the great Doc.J myselfa great guy and Karl hungus was a trooper too... still I'M still hanging in there amigos! ahhah

ciao' for now see yas at RUSH oh yeahhhhhhhh

ps Never Say Die play an after rush gig in fibbers2 that night will be gooood ;)

Maybe Malice IS Karl Hungus?
    Nah, I'm far too awesome :cool:.
    You're here only 6 years? Get off my lawn, lil whippersnapper!
    As I recall you registered LordChessington but then forgot about it and used a different account instead for a while. When you realised you had two accounts you had to make the difficult choice between the street cred of your postcount or that of the join date :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Patricide wrote: »
    Karl Hungus and Dr J, Sorely missed by boards.ie.
    What happened to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

i remember looking at Karl Hungus page on here and noticed he had a web site. maybe if ye look it up ye can contact and see what is happening with him.

Afaik there was an alteration between Dr.J and adverts so he said screw boards.ie. Could be wrong on that one though.

Hungus, god knows. He just vanished.

• Advertisement

What happened to them?
    I believe Karl Hungus felt like a break after being a moderator for a long time. I guess he just wanted to take it a bit further and step away from Boards altogether. If there was a specific incident that caused this or not, I don't know. As for Doctor J, there was an infraction issued which may have resulted in his departure. Either way the site is all the poorer for their departures.
    cena wrote: »
    i remember looking at Karl Hungus page on here and noticed he had a web site. maybe if ye look it up ye can contact and see what is happening with him.
    I believe it was a movie blog hosted at http://www.karlhungus.com but that domain is no longer active.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

ya it was the movie blog site. i'v just seen that the site is down

thats looks like a stupid way too give out too doctor j. he just making sure people don't copy any of stuff and try and sale on with his name in it.

he was handy too have on the instruments part. he know what he was talking about. can't believe he's last post was 2009

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

cena wrote: »
    thats looks like a stupid way too give out too doctor j. he just making sure people don't copy any of stuff and try and sale on with his name in it.

Having being at the receiving end of a completely anal infraction before I can completely sympathise with Dr J if it was that that drove him to split from Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

That Esel chap made a right arse of that situation, how did he end up being Adverts mod if he can't do the job well enough. I too was royally ****ed by a mod before, so Doctor J's ordeal is quite familiar to me, there's nothing less fair on here than having to put up with the bull**** some mods throw at you here - it's quite demoralising as a member too. I guess Dr. J had the right idea and decided not to kiss the bottom of boards' boot.

RayCon wrote: »
    Having being at the receiving end of a completely anal infraction before I can completely sympathise with Dr J if it was that that drove him to split from Boards.
    The only infraction on your account is one from me. If you have a problem with it then open a thread here and let the admins take a look at it, don't just moan about it on an unrelated thread.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Karl infracted me before..............ah memories :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Karl infracted me before..............ah memories :pac:
    That's like saying "I remember when that cop shot me... I miss him!" :pac:

What exactly was the whole story behind dr j and adverts? why did he get an infraction?

Patricide wrote: »
    What exactly was the whole story behind dr j and adverts? why did he get an infraction?
    I linked to it in my post. Here it is again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 337 ✭✭Sacred_git

i got an infraction i believe from esel under a different username too for bugger all reason, guys on a powertrip!! Boards is kinda losing its appeal though, this is what happens when you turn it into a business! that voting poll thing is a prime example of this, a lot of the character has been lost from the site!

• Advertisement

Malice wrote: »
    The only infraction on your account is one from me. If you have a problem with it then open a thread here and let the admins take a look at it, don't just moan about it on an unrelated thread.

Why would I bother ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Sacred_git wrote: »
    i got an infraction i believe from esel under a different username too for bugger all reason, guys on a powertrip!! Boards is kinda losing its appeal though, this is what happens when you turn it into a business! that voting poll thing is a prime example of this, a lot of the character has been lost from the site!
    what difference does it make if boards is a business or not. moderators are still selected in the same way as they were when boards wasn't a business.

i sorely miss karl and dr. j's input in the instrument/film forums wish there were more people like them on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Sacred_git wrote: »

To be fair though, the majority of mods are not like that. There are a few that really get on my nerves because they seem to enforce the rules for some and ignore them for others, but the music and film forums in particular are pretty good mod wise in my opinion as things are generally kept simple and sensible in terms of moderation.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

RayCon wrote: »
    Why would I bother ?

It bothered you enough for you to bring it up in this thread. :p

Kess73 wrote: »
    It bothered you enough for you to bring it up in this thread. :p

nah , not at all ... was merely making the point that I could sympathise with Dr J if that was the reason he no longer posts ...

Okay, this thread has drifted way off-topic. Those of you that have issues with moderator decisions should take them up with the moderator in question. If they won't reverse their decision then create a thread here and the relevant Category Moderator will take a look.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement