Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Subsonic Music Streaming Server

• 05-02-2011 2:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Has anyone else used subsonic?

Its software that streams out your music collection. Works on Linux, Windows and Macs. The client connects toit using their web browser.

The main reason I got it though was its integration with android and Iphone, means I can have my entire music collection available to me on my phone when I'm at my house.

Streaming to mobile devices is a donate only feature (although they do give you a month to try it out). Another nice perk of donating though is that they give you a dynamic dns address to access your music from anywhere! so you just type in witnessmenow.subsonic.org (this isnt the name of server btw :) ) from any pc and you'll have all your music available to you (same for the mobile devices).

I have to say i'm really impressed with it. The android app is free and there is a free unofficial iphone app too and they are both pretty solid from what I've tested. The only thing that is really holding me back is my limited upstream bandwidth , the music streams perfectly but im not leaving much internet for those left in the house :pac:

Advertisement