Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recipe help?

Options
  • 05-02-2011 2:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

can anyone help me, i have 3 questions on different foods and im not a very good cook, any help will be appreciated, first things first

1. in fresh supermarket i got this tuna with red peppers and sweetcorn? it has a redish hue, does anyone know what this mystery ingredient is?

2. they also these green vegtables, broccelli, green beans etc.. there eaten cold but what do they put on them to make them like that?

3. dont ask me why but i bought a beef joint in lidl the other day for 7e, its a housekeepers cut 1.5kg? my sister said its clearly crappy quality and probably will be chewy. is there any good way to cook this to make it better or put something on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

can anyone help me, i have 3 questions on different foods and im not a very good cook, any help will be appreciated, first things first

1. in fresh supermarket i got this tuna with red peppers and sweetcorn? it has a redish hue, does anyone know what this mystery ingredient is?
    I don't know what you are talking about, Is this a piece of fresh raw tuna in a sauce ?
    2. they also these green vegtables, broccelli, green beans etc.. there eaten cold but what do they put on them to make them like that?

I cook brocolli and green beans and eat them hot . I dont understand your question ?
    3. dont ask me why but i bought a beef joint in lidl the other day for 7e, its a housekeepers cut 1.5kg? my sister said its clearly crappy quality and probably will be chewy. is there any good way to cook this to make it better or put something on it?
    Housekeepers cut is not "crappy quality", but it does need to be cooked slowly in a casserole with some liquid to tenderise it.
    Put it in a casserole with some carrots, onions, garlic, stokc. tomato puree and wine, put the lid on, put it in the oven for 2 hours at 160 degrees. It'll taste fab.

Advertisement