Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage heater

Options
  • 05-02-2011 3:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,
    I would like if someone can help me here. I have moved into a new flat with has a new night storage heater.

I know how it works but I am trying to figure out why this heater releases heat after being 'charged' for only a few hours even tough the output is off.

The heater starts charging at 11 pm and it is about 12.30 pm and the room is roasted, the heater is releasing too much heat.... I don't think it is right?

Please if someone can tell me what is wrong I would appreciate.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

This is the Boards.ie Help Desk for issues with the site itself, such as passwords and the like.

You could try the Electrical forum here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 annis_7

Thanks for the suggestion Tom but this forum doesn't really tell me why the heater discharges heat while it is being charged during the night. I do not quite understand it.
    :confused:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

There may not be a thread which answers your specific query, but if that's the case you can start a thread yourself there. You won't get any answers to what you need in this forum I'm afraid, because in addition to it not being the purpose of the Help Desk, other posters can't reply to you here. There's also the Plumbing & Heating which might also be of use to you.

Advertisement