Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currency exchange online

Options
  • 05-02-2011 3:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone!

I'm in Australia at the moment and I'm getting absolutely rinsed by the available exchange rate here. It's making living here ridiculously expensive for me.

I've still got a few thousand Euro in my Irish account, and I really want to avoid paying the rates on offer over here. Is there anything I can do to try and save some money?

Before I left, I came across an exchange market that let people trade currencies with each other. The idea was that people who need Aus $ swap with people who need Euro. I remember the current market rate on the site was good, but I haven't been able to find the website since.

My googling keeps bringing me to forex which seems to be like a currency-trading-for-investment site. The one I saw was on a much smaller scale, for instance at the time there was only 14,000 AUSD available.

Does anyone know the site I'm looking for? Have any experience with that kind of thing, or have any suggestions on what I might do? The banks here are buying euro for 0.79.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 rhurja

I think you might be talking about CurrencyFair. Never used it myself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

rhurja wrote: »
    I think you might be talking about CurrencyFair. Never used it myself though.

Brilliant, thank you! That's the one.

I'll update the thread with how I get on. Any advice on what to do would be appreciated!

Advertisement