Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30-06 Shooters

Options
  • 05-02-2011 5:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭

Anyone else out there shooting the 30-06? If so, a few questions.

What rifle are you using?

What mass bullet does your rifle prefer?

How much is a box of ammo and where do you buy?

I am shooting the Rem 700 BDL - 22" barrel. I was told that they liked 150gr and determined mine only wants 180gr.

She loves Hornaday on gameday, but for paper, it's core-lokt by Remmy.

Slan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

No-one:eek:

Hence my dilemma getting ammo in Eire.

Has anyone ever seen 30-06 at your local sioppa? If so, next time please ask the price.

Slan

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sixpointfive

I have two 30-06s, a blaser and a sako, the blaser will drill any weight into the same holes, the sako likes 165/168 gr best but also likes the heavier bullets, its around 45 to 50eu a box for the good stuff where i shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

I've a Sako 75, it likes the slightly lighter rounds.
    Using 125grn at the moment, 1-11 twist.
    Atlantic Sports in Carlow and Des Mulville in Mullingar usually have 30-06 ammo in stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭rugerman

ive a tikka t3 lite she likes anything i put in 150s-180s anywhere i can get lighter ones let me know . and she kicks like a bullok:D

Thanks lads,
    Has anyone ever tried the 220gr? I had some nice results at long range paper targets.

I haven't tested the 220gr against the 180gr.

Never really went less massive than a 150gr. What ranges do you successfully shoot nice groups on paper with 125gr?

RugerMan - are you shooting a Ruger in the field? If so, which one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭rugerman

ye i have a ruger m77 mark 11 in 22-250

Nice rifle.

I wish I could have a mini ranch rifle in Eire. Mini-14 would be so nice for foxes and bunnies. However, they'd probably clear the countryside of them.

Never had one. Perhaps, some day. It's always good to have something to look forward to in life.

Anyone a price check on the 30-06 Hornady Superformance, any mass would do, 180gr preferred.

Slan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Chap at the range last weekend was good enough to give me a couple of shots from his light barrel styer ... nice little shove :rolleyes: ... would take me a little practice to get used to that ...

He was using 150gr american eagles.

Fish

• Registered Users Posts: 47 paul1972

have a 30-06 M59 konsberg my self it seems to like the heavier bullets 168+
    fingal sports sell cheap ammo but its surplus fmj all right for the range buts thats it
    privi barnaul and sellior&bellot do a range of very well priced hunting ammo in 30-06 if enough people ask about it he might get it in ,, 40-50 euro a box seems to be the going rate for hornady and federal but i am told the fusion is cheaper but have not tried it yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Hunterjohnb

Have started to use a 30.06 this season.Bought it from <snip>. Very happy with it . Will handle any weight bullet with good results. Tried the Fusion in 150 gr.Did not like the results on deer with them. Have switched to 110 gr sp. No runners so far.

Advertisement