Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"ROC" Brand of tools in Woodies

• 05-02-2011 9:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

Guys, I need to kit out a small toolbox over the weekend without spending a fortune. Have you any feedback on the quality of the ROC brand of tools available in Woodies, allen keys, wrenches, screwdrivers and the like...

Any other suggestions??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭mirror mirror

Dargan Tool brand are much better ,a bit dearer but last longer. Then again why not pick up bits and pieces up in Aldi or Lidl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Take your time and have a look around the bigger tool shops like mcquillans ,you'll find good quality bargains lying around.
    The ROC tools in woodies are pretty cheap ,break very easy.

Homebase sometimes have good price tools ,I picked up a stanley 10 Piece softgrip screwdriver set for around €20
    51iVvCsPX3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Handtools may break easily, and i wouldn't bother with the power tols as I'd only break them with the abuse i'd give them

Depends on what you want it for really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

For reasonable wear and tear, Aldi and Lidl will do fine. Like with most tools, don't dog them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I have a ROK 18 V cordless screw gun/hammer drill,whuch I bought in Woodies last year.

Best thing Ive bought in a while,for the money it cost.

Given and taken serious abuse,drilling through concrete walls with 20mm wide masonary bits,70mm hole saws,drilling through floor joists.Excellent screw gun too.

Well worth the 40 euro,including 10 bit sellection,2 batteries,battery charger and a cary case.

• Advertisement

Spread wrote: »
    For reasonable wear and tear, Aldi and Lidl will do fine. Like with most tools, don't dog them.

Aldi currently have Parkside power tolls on sale for 40 euro at the moment.

Cordless drills,belt sanders,glue guns etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭writhen

Rok is Woodies "Own Brand" range of power tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mattcc70

Homebase have a range of "ready filled" toolboxes. Household, mechanic etc with a variety of tools included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

paddy147 wrote: »
    Aldi currently have Parkside power tolls on sale for 40 euro at the moment.

Cordless drills,belt sanders,glue guns etc etc

Lidl do Parkside, not Aldi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

paddy147 wrote: »
    I have a ROK 18 V cordless screw gun/hammer drill,whuch I bought in Woodies last year.......drilling through concrete walls with 20mm wide masonary bits...

no offence paddy but that must be a typo. or really hard work :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

My TE15 would just about do a 20MM masonary hole:eek:

dodzy wrote: »

Not a type over at all.18V cordless screw gun/hemmer drill and a 20mm drill bit (drill bit hired from Chadwicks). Trick was every so often to reverse drill and take the bit out to let the cement/block dust out of the hole.Then apply steady pressure with out forcing the bit in when drilling.

The cordless and drill bit flew through the wall.:)

20mm hole and it was for a 19mm thick 3 core 10 square SWA cable run from the house out into the back garden and down to my garage.

It also flew through several 10mm thick RSJ beams in my house too,where the SWA had to be run through aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

I have used the jig saw on 1.75" thick mahogany and while it may of been slow it did the trick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

dodzy wrote: »
    These are SDS bits specifically for Rotary Hammers

Advertisement