Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Dish Damaged.

• 05-02-2011 10:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

I looking to replace my sky dish that got damaged over the week with the nasty weather.

I'm looking at a Triax TD64 dish (I don't want to go too big, already have motorised TD110). I want to use a Triax Multiblock LNB Holder (4 LNB with 20 degree span) with the TD64. I want it for 28.2E and 9E.

Has anyone any experience installing a Multiblock with the TD64?
    Is the TD64 too small for this multiblock?
    Is it difficult installing a multiblock?

Can I use a DiSEqC switch to use with 28.2E and 9E with regard to ka and ku?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

TD64 is too small for 20 degree span. As you move away from the arm the dish is much poorer. In Ireland the TD64 is good for just one Satellite, or maybe 19E + 13E in East to Midlands.

You need Triax 78 in East and Triax 90/95 in Midwest and Triax 110cm in extreme west for 28E + 9E

Yes a Diseqc or multiswitch works for any band. The LNB or integrated LNBF for C, Ku or Ka band converts to within the same IF range.

If you want a PVR or more than one receiver on 28.2, use a Quad for 28.2. For Ka-Sat only a single polarity and band is required, so for two Diseqc switches (needed for PVR) you need a Sat IF splitter to feed both from one LNB o/p. You will only get a signal output LNB for Ka band anyway.

A multiswitch is simpler as only one cable from Ka Band LNBF is needed and the other 3 inputs on the port can be left open. Multiswitch can provide 8, 12 or 16 outlets and the input signal can be amplified and split to over 100 Multiswitches, so much more expandable than Diseqc which needs a separate switch for every tuner input.

Don't try to install a Ka Band LNBF for 9E till at least May or June 2011. Note also that Ka band LNBFs for DirecTV are useless as they are circular polarised. Ka-Sat spots are all either horizontal or vertical. The LNB will only do one polarity. You select correct polarity (H or V ) by mounting it with slot Horizontal for Vertical, and slot vertical for Horizontal polarisation. Instead of round with two pickup "pins" like Ku, The Ka LNB has smaller rectangular waveguide and single pickup in it.

Advertisement