Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile connections shop

Options
  • 05-02-2011 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭

Is this shop completely closed now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭lotdpd

yep, think he is still working from at home now......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

Surprised he even lasted so long, he's one ignorant person!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 stan smith

i hav to agree with you,his customer service and attitude leaves alot to be desired.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Without a doubt, the most ignorant, obnoxious, unprofessional and poorly managed outfit I have ever seen with an open door in Kilkenny City.

Unfortunately they lasted as long as they did because they offered services that no one else did for a while. (God bless you Perfecto Print)

I saw an interview he did for the Advertiser where he blamed the recession. It's probably easier to say that than 'horrific service, woeful attitude and customer bridge burning'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

None of ye have obviously ever been to good aul Jim Garvans shop, back in his prime.

''I'm having my soup''

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

ft9 wrote: »
    None of ye have obviously ever been to good aul Jim Garvans shop, back in his prime.

''I'm having my soup''

Jim was a legend: "All breast" and "keep the change".

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

He was obnoxious but in a bearable way. At least you got what you came in for.

He was some man for his soup.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 fraido

If you want to experience ignorance in all its glory just head up to babyboom in smithlands centre. Never ever met anything like your man who owns this shop. Its a miracle anyone goes near the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

I tell you who should be kept the hell away from the public. Pierre.

He's not doing much for the French stereotype either.

Pierre of Chez Pierre?

Or Peter's House if you like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

The same.

Perhaps treating one's paying customers with what can only be described as blatant contempt is normal where he's from (I can only presume France but I am probably wrong, knowing me) but where I am from (Kilkenny) it's not.

I thought I had caught him on a bad day but no, several visits were enough to show me that he has a most disagreeable personality. He is obnoxious in the extreme. If his food wasn't so delicious I would boycott the place. But my principles lie in deference to my tastebuds.

Is it even still open? Haven't been down there in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 POCCS

ya unfortunately the Mobile Connections shop is now closed down although Dave is still doing phone unlocking, tshirt printing and large format printing from home. he can be got on 555 999 555 5 555 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I think the shop has moved to upper patrick street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 POCCS

The internet Cafe and POC Computer Services has moved to Upper Patrick Street. (Pink Building about halfway between Butler House and TC Tyres.) Peter available on 555 555 5555

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I remember aul Jim called me a little sh!t before. I was only about 10 years old at the time, in the CBS primary:(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

A rather accurate description, wouldn't you say?
    mrplug.jpg

:D

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

LOL:D Should have seen that!

Hey how come I can't see them red/yellow infraction cards on mine?

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Plug wrote: »
    Hey how come I can't see them red/yellow infraction cards on mine?
    YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

Advertisement