Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Synch/Bluetooth problems

• 05-02-2011 12:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I had a look on here and didn't find anything relevant.

I have a HTC Desire 2.x.x. Android (latest) [got the market downloads working!!] but I have consistent problems with synching and bluetooth. Broadly speaking the access and use is, to say the least, hitty missy, it works sometimes, mostly very slow to react, and then doesn't at all. Bluetooth much less, hardly ever works. In addition, when I do get connected I cannot see the SD Card.

I can use bluetooth fine from it to/from my wife's Mac....

I am particularly frustrated that I cannot get a 'clean' people data set to load. I have cleaned up the dupes etc., using XL, done the conversions, but I always seem to have multiple entries per person.

I have a Toshiba Satellite with Windows 7 and Belkin USB bluetooth adaptor - Tosh didn't have bluetooth!!

I saw advice to use Touchdown instead of synch but it seem to be only for exchange - I abhor all MS applications....!!

Any ideas/advice welcomed

Barry

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Why are you trying to sync with Bluetooth? I use gmail as my contact store and sync the MAC address book and windoze pc with that.

Similarly, the contacts sync perfectly when connected to the car Bluetooth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

Idleater wrote: »
    Why are you trying to sync with Bluetooth? I use gmail as my contact store and sync the MAC address book and windoze pc with that. Similarly, the contacts sync perfectly when connected to the car Bluetooth.

Sorry, maybe I didn't make it clear. I am having trouble linking my HTC Desire to a PC, either via synch or bluetooth.

I mentioned that I only seemed to find alternatives to synch which worked with Exchange, I don't use it.

Seems from the lack of responses this is not the place ot ask this sort of question, thanks anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

BarryM wrote: »
    Sorry, maybe I didn't make it clear. I am having trouble linking my HTC Desire to a PC, either via synch or bluetooth.

I mentioned that I only seemed to find alternatives to synch which worked with Exchange, I don't use it.

Seems from the lack of responses this is not the place ot ask this sort of question, thanks anyway.

You are in the right place for asking the question all right, it's just that the question you are asking doesn't appear to make sense without further clarification.

When I connect my Desire via usb with HTC Sync it will sync with outlook/outlook express. "Exchange" sync as you put it, is what google and other vendors uses to share contacts amongst different vendors - eg to the OSX address book application. For all intents and purposes, it is the Exchange (of information) protocol as opposed to MS Exchange Server.

If all you want to do is copy your address book off your phone onto your computer, then tell us how they are stored on your phone - ie as SIM contacts or as GMAIL contacts. That way I or someone can help you sync/remove/back them up from the phone.

Advertisement