Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best takeaway in Ashbourne

Options
  • 05-02-2011 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Looking for recommendations for Chinese, Indian or Thai takeaway.

Will probably get a Chinese tonight to celebrate the Chinese New Year of the Rabbit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Avoid Ashbourne and go to the Mix in Ratoath, best chinese/thai food around by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭JayeL

Jamuna in Ash is lovely, very fresh (so they're a bit slow)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

JayeL wrote: »
    Jamuna in Ash is lovely, very fresh (so they're a bit slow)

Agree, the chicken makhan is fantastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Avoid Ashbourne and go to the Mix in Ratoath, best chinese/thai food around by far.

Might be nice eating in but take-away is horrible!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 JohnBourne

Well if i could give a zero rating i would,very rude waiter + the worst curry i have ever tasted and very small portions ! If you want indian food and want something a bit more authentic don't go to the jamuna in ashbourne go to iceland....horrible waiter and terrible food YUK !!!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The Cinnamon Garden do really nice food whether it be eating in or take away.

They're a bit slow when it comes to delivery so it'd be best advised to ring up and collect it yourself.

Customer service is great. They were a bit slow when I went to pick up food so they threw in a free bottle of house wine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 JohnBourne

Only Found Out About The Cinnamon Garden after going to that jamuna place and have heard great reports about the cinnamon garden since....as far as jumana goes i have never met such rude arrogant waiters in my life and as for the food anything out of a packet would have been a vast improvement on what was dished up to us that day ! Never again it's the Cinnamon Garden from now on for my weekly curry.

Thanks that guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭JDPhotography

the Dragon Inn restaurant also does very nice food or for a take away Best chinese

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jack321

La Bucca do takeway collection only , best chinese is a nice takeaway also, he cinnamon garden for indian takeaway but more expecsive than Jamuna indian for takeaway. Macaries + San remo chippers do nice food.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 aquaceri

The Dragon has really really gone down hill for take aways! really greasy and just generally horrible!

Our favourite takeaway is The Royal but to eat out I would say Eatzen or The Cin Garden....I got the Cin Garden take away once and it was fab but very, very expensive and you have to collect as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

aquaceri wrote: »
    The Dragon has really really gone down hill for take aways! really greasy and just generally horrible!

Our favourite takeaway is The Royal but to eat out I would say Eatzen or The Cin Garden....I got the Cin Garden take away once and it was fab but very, very expensive and you have to collect as far as I know.

You can get it delivered but you'd be better off collecting it as delivery takes nearly an hour... Depending on how busy it is of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Eatzen does the best chinese in the country hands down...not a take away though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Loved Cinnamon Garden. For eat in, never had takeaway. Worth the extra money.

The Royal (is that the one in the estate?) for anything involving prawns. You get loads and they're cooked perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 smith123

cinnamon garden on the main street in ashbourne is a lovely indian - its really posh .... food is par excellent and staff is so friendly .aashim , barbara and jose are assets of cinnamon garden ...... i really recomend all to try this place its fab ... they do a value meal for 15 euros and do take aways as well ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

Thai Yummy in Rathoath makes a pretty mean Thai green curry, thoroughly recommend it. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement