Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

E result makes no sense!

• 05-02-2011 1:10pm

Hi guys,
    I looked at my provisional results last night and was pleased to see that I did well in everything - except my favourite module. It makes absolutely no sense. I got an E in it, despite the fact that I got an A- in the essay and spent ages preparing for the exam! It just doesn't seem possible that I could have done so badly, no matter how I look at it, I just can't make up for such a poor grade.
    Has anyone else had a similar experience? Is it possible that the grade will change dramatically, or do I need to start challenging it now? I already contacted the Programme Office but I'd like to know if this happens a lot.
    Please any help/advice you could offer would be great

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭graduate

There are over 100,000 modules, each with several components. Inevitably the odd one ends up with something missing. You've drawn someones attention to it, so I wouldn't worry about it any further. The provisional results allow people point out this kind of thing so that it can be fixed.

Yes, it seems that is what happened.
    The module coordinator just emailed me to say that he finds the result very hard to believe. He's asked me to meet with him on Monday so hopefully this will all be sorted out then. I must admit I've been in a bit of a panic about the whole thing so to hear that it must be a mistake from the horse's mouth, so to speak, is really comforting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

graduate wrote: »
    There are over 100,000 modules, each with several components. Inevitably the odd one ends up with something missing. You've drawn someones attention to it, so I wouldn't worry about it any further. The provisional results allow people point out this kind of thing so that it can be fixed.

what??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭graduate

Perhaps it would be more accurate to say that there are over 100,000 modular grades, most with several components. But then you knew that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

More accurate? Thats not even close to the same thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Can you email lecturers to get grades checked? Or do you formally have to pay and get them rechecked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

ironclaw wrote: »
    Can you email lecturers to get grades checked? Or do you formally have to pay and get them rechecked?

Informally you can if there has been an obvious mistake made (like losing your paper or a data entry error etc). It really depends on the lecturer and the reason you are getting it rechecked. The formal procedures are there for a reason though (i.e. stopping frivolous rechecks)

In my final year of my degree, my final results were not at all what I expected in English and I emailed the year head. He agreed, double checked and realised they had mistakenly given my results to somebody else and their results to mine. So in that instance, I didn't have to pay. Hate to be that guy when he got the call!

Advertisement