Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First GAA match for team and for photographer

• 05-02-2011 1:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭

I'll be bringing my camera with me to a football match tomorrow. It'll be the team's first match, and my first time doing sports photography.

What photos should be on my priority list? So far I have:
    The team pose
    Action shots of each player
    Supporters

How about the opposing team, is it important to shoot them too?

I know my ideas are all very basic, but maybe a few members could share their ideas with me!

Go raibh maith agaibh!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I wouldn't worry about the opposition.

Also, you'll do very well to get an action shot of each player.

Team photo, and then general action shots are important. Fans would be last on my list.

You can also try to get shots of the manager and bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

As Paul says above.

Also, if you can get a high enough perch overlooking the pitch an overall pic also looks good for a first game.

Use the warm up to get pics as well - as Paulw says, it's unlikely that you'll get action pics of all the players. Move around the pitch as much as you can to increase the liklihood of that. Take pics of players laughing, shouting, pointing or just standing there. Bring plenty of memory cards with you and set the camera to continuous shooting. Use your fastest lens at it's fastest aperture (or close to) where possible.

Enjoy..... in this weather it could be a pain!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Who's the team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Thanks for the tips! I only have the one memory card so I'll have to be quick with the shots I want! It's in Perrystown in Dublin - I don't think there's a high perch nearby, bar the roof of the clubhouse!

It's the first match of Na Gaeil Óga CLG, the first Irish-speaking GAA team in Dublin. More info here (Unfortunately, it's only as Gaeilge - the English-language media don't usually pick up on stories like this!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

what time is throw in - If I'm not working I'll pop up and give you a hand.

might be able to get one of the papers interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Thanks for the tips! I only have the one memory card so I'll have to be quick with the shots I want! It's in Perrystown in Dublin - I don't think there's a high perch nearby, bar the roof of the clubhouse!

It's the first match of Na Gaeil Óga CLG, the first Irish-speaking GAA team in Dublin. More info here (Unfortunately, it's only as Gaeilge - the English-language media don't usually pick up on stories like this!).

I remember playing against Clann Colaiste Mhuire many year ago up near Island bridge, Longmeadows beside the rowing clubs. If I remember correctly they were all Irish speaking players, hard to play against and some excellent players like Tomas (O'CASSIN?). Sin sceal eilé:D

Team photo is most important on this historic day and I would include the opposition team in this. Action shots are more important for you and I would place myself near the goal your team will be attacking so you can hopefully get a few shot of players lining up to have a shot. Do you know where your good players are playing?lads who will be good on the ball If you do get yourself near them. If you have a good lens try and anticipate where the ball will drop from kickouts. Also along the sideline where you will get some action coming towards you

Where are ye playing? Ca bhfuil an cliuche? Best of luck

Thanks for the offer PC, throw-in is at 1.30 at Robert Emmet's pitches on Whitehall Road West if you can make it up!

That's very interesting about Clann Choláiste Mhuire. Na Gaeil Óga are only training together since the start of January and are playing in the Junior category to start off with. I think the ultimate goal would be to compete in Comórtas Peile na Gaeltachta, like Belfast's Laochra Loch Lao.

Match cancelled because of the weather. I'll still use the tips for their first match next week! Thanks for all the advice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I had to run down to a "bridge collapse" in Ringsend .... part of the pathway slid into the river, so was just sending pics and spotted your post about match off....maybe next time.

if you give me advance notice I might be able to get interest from the Herald and possibly the Star.

I would have thought that there would be GAA Clubs in parts of an gaelteacht - which would be all irish speaking ? are you sure its the only all - irish speaking club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,725 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

It's the first all-irish speaking team in Dublin ;)

Probably a good thing the match was called off in the end, most pitches are flooded and mucky, and if you got caught in the rain your equipment might get wet

• Advertisement

There are plenty of teams in the different Gaeltachtaí, and there are a few in the North, but it's the only one in Dublin at the moment. As Leo said above, there was a team called Clann Choláiste Mhuire in Dublin before, but they're not around any more.

AFAIK Na Gaeil Óga will be playing in the Junior League, the first fixtures will be announced during the week. I'll post up any details as soon as I get them. I may well take you up on that offer PCPhoto, thanks very much!

Advertisement