Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent TSB Cashiers

Options
  • 05-02-2011 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

Last Monday, i went into the TSB beside the courthouse to lodge cash for the monthly bills. The machine inside the door was out of order and obviously had to que up. One single cashier was working for a que of 20 to 30 people. I think it took about 25 mins to finally get sorted and out the door. TSB staff walking around with sheets of paper etc and one cashier to serve the customers. I went into the AIB across the street the week before for a different lodgement and there must be at least 6 cashiers on at any one time.

Now with job losses at TSB, i hope that cashier doesn't get laid off.;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

PTSB have the worse staff in the country.

I was an AIB customer for 10 trouble-free years.

I changed to PTSB and haven't had a single transaction where a cashier, csr or sales person hasn't made errors, been rude or just forgot to do what they were supposed to.

I dealt with a rude bitch when getting mortgage approval. She went on annual leave for 2 weeks which held up the process, and when she came back and I hurried her for a response (for approval) she said "as you can appreciate all our customers want a quick response, you'll just have to wait your turn"

Taking out my credit card, I cancelled my AIB card and after weeks of being told "it's on it's way" I was finally told "we're just waiting on the letter which says you cancelled your old card before we can approve a new one" (they hadn't requested it!).. when I finally sent them the letter it got lost between one department and the other.

Opening a current account, I called in with a copy of my payslip on Friday.. and was told "oh , carmel is on jobshare and she won't be back until Wednesday. can you come back then?" (I had to tell the idiot that I wouldn't be taking another day off work and he should accept the letter and tell "carmel" to deal with it when she returned)

Another time waiting in the branch the idiot at the service desk answered the phone about 5 times when I was next in the queue. I had to ask him would I be quicker phoning in!

And when I was updating my address over the phone I was told I would get a callback within 2 hours. Over 2 hours later, no callback and no record I was due one.

And the other day I wanted to set up an international transfer (which I used to arrange online with AIB).. the idiot set it up the account name with AMEASSAEE instead of Ambassade. She also made an error in the account number despite me correcting her and her saying she fixed it.

I'm out of the country at the moment and as soon as I get home I will be switching back to AIB.

The only reason they have so many staff is they need staff to correct the blunders and inefficiencies of other staff. I say fire the lot of them.

Advertisement