Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United v Arsenal [3pm St James; Setanta Sports 1]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

That_Guy wrote: »
    THE COMEBACK IS ON!!!!

you were spot on:D

Thank you newcastle , thats why arsenal wont win the prem league ,soft centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Arsenal bottle it again. Throwing away 4 goals is not what champions do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

J. Marston wrote: »
    All together now: "SAME OLD ARSENAL!!!" :D

Obviously they're not as good at cheating as they used to be if they managed to lose a 4 goal lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,379 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

From the BBC about the EPL today

'1658: What on earth? I mean, seriously people, what on earth have we just witnessed? Extraordinary afternoon. Utterly extraordinary.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Shocking, shocking refereeing this weekend both in the Stoke V Sunderland and Newcastle V Arsenal games. I haven't seen any of the other games yet but there's inevitable going to other poor decisions made too.

Fair play to Newcastle on their point, but the refereeing in football these days is a ****ing joke.

• Advertisement

Arsenal bottle it again. Throwing away 4 goals is not what champions do

True that, totally their fault for giving the referee the chance to rob them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Can barely believe it.

4 nil down, 4-4 FT.

Only Newcastle.

That's why I love em. :)

Phil Dowd MOTM for us. Disgraceful performance tbh, Arsenal were mugged but who cares! We've been shafted by incompetent refs more times then I can count down the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Frisbee wrote: »
    I feel like crying.

I`ll give you a little hug.

x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA,

That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Any other Newcastle fans disappointed with just one point. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

Never offside....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Cannot wait to see Wengers interview on BBC.

Immediate thoughts.....

It that was a shocker of a second half.

Diaby.....muppet

Clichy still cant defend.

Ref made a few bad decisions. (Wonder if cesc will have a quite word with him in the tunnel).

But still, if you throw away a four goal lead you deserve nothing.

Djourou, GET BACK ASAP KID!!!!!!!

p.s. sum1 b itch slap Diaby for me

kudos to the toon btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Very unhappy with the refereeing and defending from an Arsenal perspective, but credit to Newcastle for an outstanding second half performance. They really did deserve that point in the end (at least).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Seems completely suitable
    lol_face_Your_MumMom_Jokes-s274x280-119842-535.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Any other Newcastle fans disappointed with just one point. :pac:

True, they were there for the taking but I am not greedy. RVP could has sucker punched us if we pushed up for the 5th. You could see that Tiote wanted it badly though.

Still can't believe that just happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Fine Diaby 2 weeks wages.
    Also banish that linesman who gave that 2nd penalty from ever stepping foot within 2 miles of a football stadium again.

Didn't watch the last 10 mins so didn't see the RvP goal, but jesus christ, what happened there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I`ll give you a little hug.

x

It's too late, I'm already crying...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Iv never seen a ref come out in the 2nd half and ref the game based on the score line and decided to give newcastle everything. Its simply mind boggling at how he give that 2nd penalty.

Somebody must have had a word with him at half-time. :)

revz wrote: »
    Fine Diaby 2 weeks wages.
    Also banish that linesman who gave that 2nd penalty from ever stepping foot within 2 miles of a football stadium again.

Didn't watch the last 10 mins so didn't see the RvP goal, but jesus christ, what happened there.

Van Persie was just offside. I heard on BBC they said he was level but he was just about offside.

• Advertisement

Arsenal will still win the league.

DH2K9 wrote: »
    Arsenal will still win the league.

Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Today FM Sport said when Newcastle were 4-0 down early in the second half, that Fabragas was just walking about, taking no part in the game!

Today FM Sport said when Newcastle were 4-0 down early in the second half, that Fabragas was just walking about, taking no part in the game!

Before or after Diaby was sent off?

Lol.

I'd have taken the point before the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Pat Dolan just questioned if any other manager in world football has it as good as Trap in terms of strikers available to him (referring to Leon Best). I'll have whatever he's smoking please.

All well and good saying that now isn't it?

All well and good saying that now isn't it?

Wenger can see that Diaby is a shadow of what he was before all his injuries, we need Djourou, Rosicky is hopeless. Might give us the kick up the arse we needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Its almost as if Dowd was so out of breath because he is a fat f*cking c*nt of a man, his logical side in his big f*cking fat mother f*cking head, stopped thinking and he decided those roars must be seeing something, i need to blow the whistle. I f*cking hate Dowd.

• Advertisement

Really? A point away at an injury ravaged Newcastle side with only six subs and you'd expect us to win the league?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Its almost as if Dowd was so out of breath because he is a fat f*cking c*nt of a man, his logical side in his big f*cking fat mother f*cking head, stopped thinking and he decided those roars must be seeing something, i need to blow the whistle. I f*cking hate Dowd.
    Jesus Keith

Really? A point away at an injury ravaged Newcastle side with only six subs and you'd expect us to win the league?

St. James Park is a place you will always take a point.

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Jesus Keith
    Did you watch it? You'd sympathise if so. :pac:

Don't have setanta 1 so I've only heard about all the incidents. Was Woj at fault for any of the goals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Pretty fair assessment from Wenger, nothing too controversial
    Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger: "It was a good game with a lot of incidents and turning points, [but] the sending off was detrimental to us and some of the decisions went against us today. We were under pressure and we had problems to finish in the second half. It's unpredictable sometimes, and it became difficult. At 4-1 we panicked a bit. But we were a little bit unlucky too. You have to take it on the chin and look at the positives. I didn't see the sending off very well. But Barton should have been sent off too. We dropped two points, for sure."

By the way to the Newcastle fans saying Barton got the ball so it's automatically grand, were you saying the same when Ben Arfa had his leg broken?

• Advertisement

Who do we play next in the league? The league title will be over if Utd win tonight imo. We need to secure 2nd spot.

Who do we play next in the league? The league title will be over if Utd win tonight imo. We need to secure 2nd spot.

Wolves and Stoke at home. The title race isn't over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Barca will have a fied day against that defence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

St. James Park is a place you will always take a point.

:pac:

No league winning mentality in you so!

SantryRed wrote: »
    :pac:

No league winning mentality in you so!

Win at home draw away. Beat the bottom half teams away.

• Advertisement

;)

x2_478becf

BERBA wrote: »
    Barca will have a fied day against that defence
    Hopefully the ref is on our side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Pretty fair assessment from Wenger, nothing too controversial

By the way to the Newcastle fans saying Barton got the ball so it's automatically grand, were you saying the same when Ben Arfa had his leg broken?

We talking about the same Ben Arfa challenge, the scissor tackle by De Jong which wasnt a booking? I am not saying that Bartons tackle was fine but it was not a red card like De Jongs should have been, a yellow at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

The point is that Phil Dowd was either inept or biased. The latter is insidious and while the Premiership is a hugely profitable machine for all concerned no one wants to consider the issue (the Beeb's write-up of the game) let alone investigate it lest the English game turn into the Italian. If you are to believe he was inept, then he would be equally inept in his decisions for both teams. Suffice to say, I don't think his decisions were inept.

Either way, it cheapens the game and Newcastle's performance. That said, biased and inept refereeing is nothing new to the game, certainly not England's. Arsenal should have countered the referee by retaining possession of the ball, because that would have negated the involvement of the Phil Dowd's decisions in the game and take it in their stride.

There was no leader in the team and the game demonstrated not that Arsenal are bad defenders (best away defensive record before this game...) but they cannot handle pressure. The lead up to the fourth goal was a long-ball up to Arsenal's half and Rosicky mis-kicked a clearance up in the air, Rosicky and Nolan challenged for the ball in the air and Phil Dowd awarded a free-kick to Newcastle. The amount of poor clearances by certain Arsenal players is the symptom of a collection of certain players who cannot hack it in high-pressure games. I credit the win to the referee, but the second most important factor was the crowd who rattled the entire Arsenal back four.

A capitulation such as this has been coming for a while. Arsenal do not know by-the-numbers game theory: if you are winning, you encourage the opposition to take high-risks, not encourage yourself. Fabregas has the quality to control the midfield and should kill a game at 4-0 in his sleep and Wenger should discourage him from initiating forward runs in the opposition's penalty area at 4-0.

Worst thing is I have a huge game tomorrow so can't even go out on the lock to give myself short term memory loss.

Worst thing is I have a huge game tomorrow so can't even go out on the lock to give myself short term memory loss.

I'll do it for you mate.

I'll do it for you mate.

You're the best.

xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

bazual wrote: »
    We talking about the same Ben Arfa challenge, the scissor tackle by De Jong which wasnt a booking? I am not saying that Bartons tackle was fine but it was not a red card like De Jongs should have been, a yellow at best.

You're right it wasn't as bad but it certainly looked like a yellow to me. It doesn't excuse Diaby's idiocy for reacting like he did but since he had his ankle broken a few years ago he really doesn't take kindly to dangerous tackles.

And nolan not seeing red (or even yellow?) after the first peno was just plain ridiculous

And nolan not seeing red (or even yellow?) after the first peno was just plain ridiculous

Nolan did get a yellow. It came up very very late tohugh, probably about 3/4 mins after it happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I actually cried a little.

• Advertisement
Advertisement