Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bridge Belkin and Vodafone routers?

Options
  • 05-02-2011 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

I have a Vodafone router which takes in DSL in the kitchen.

The signal is hit and miss down the other end of the house.

So I have a Belkin router and 2 x ethernet over power plugs.

What I want to do is connect the Belkin router to the Vodafone router via the ethenet over power to give me internet access down the end of the house.

Do I need to bridge them or what's the best plan of action. As I don't have a clue.

Any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mfield

Anyone? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mfield

Anyone help a brother out on this lads? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Should work fine as is as long as both routers have ip addresses in different subnets

Another method is to disable dhcp on the belkin and tape over the wan port, that way it won't route and all the routing will be done by the Vodafone one. Make sure to take note of the ip address of the Belkin, write it on the underneath as You'll have to give your pc a static ip address in the same subnet to get access to it after you disable dhcp as it won't give your pc a dhcp lease

Advertisement