Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone having dreams or nightmares about ireland

• 05-02-2011 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭

I havent been sleeping well since the IMF came into ireland and have been having dreams and horrific nightmares. Any body else dreaming badly?

I dreamt that bertie aheren was old and i was his carer and had to give him a bedpan. It still haunts me.

Another night I dreamt that heinz baked beans changed its image on their cans and slapped a picture of brian cowen onto its cans.

Another night i dreamt that Ireland ran out of electricty and that we were all in the dark.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Only when I wake up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

I had a dream where I had money. It was really nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

You're obviously thinking/worrying about things far too much when you're awake then.. that **** will do more harm to you than the reality of the mess we're in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

I don't sleep at all these days. The IMF are at the door and they're just waiting for their chance. If I nod off then Mr Chopra will probably steal my map of the British Isles, my Ryan Tubridy fan club membership card, my Steps CDs, my Know Your Sport umbrella and the kids as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

You might wanna change your username so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭nosey rosie

Theres nothing worse than having a nightmare, then waking up to find that its real. Thats the situation in Ireland today. :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Yes, the nightmare is that I'm still here on this benighted little rock when I wake up.:(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Theres nothing worse than having a nightmare, then waking up to find that its real. Thats the situation in Ireland today. :(
    Yeah, I heard that the people of Darfur are holding a charity rock gig for us..

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Sounds like an anti Aisling poem, where some fat ugly fairy visits you in a dream and shows you that by taking most of your money from your pay check the government will still run the country into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Interpretations: I give two possibilities for each.
    ilovesleep wrote: »
    I havent been sleeping well since the IMF came into ireland and have been having dreams and horrific nightmares. Any body else dreaming badly?

I dreamt that bertie aheren was old and i was his carer and had to give him a bedpan. It still haunts me.

1/The brash brightness of loadsamoney that Bertie represented for you, is now gone.

2/We're up, elbow deep, in shiite creek.

Another night I dreamt that heinz baked beans changed its image on their cans and slapped a picture of brian cowen onto its cans.

1/ Heinz beans represents the security and simplicity of childhood. That sense of security has now been ruptured - the culprit is Brian Cowen.

2/ The shiite in shiite creek is getting higher due to bean consumption.

Another night i dreamt that Ireland ran out of electricty and that we were all in the dark.

1/ all hope is now extinguished.

2/ the possibility of a groping session has now increased.

• Advertisement

ps, i do think you should see a professional if it continues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Conor_M1990

I had a dream Enda Kenny was in power

the scary part is its lookin to come true

I had a dream Enda Kenny was in power

the scary part is its lookin to come true
    well if he does, the good news is you wont see much of him. a bit shy is Enda. - which is no harm at all. reminds me of a psycho school teacher i had

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

I had a dream the other night that we all had to start stockpilling food. It was a pretty horrible dream actually :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

Nope.

I still get nightmares about the leaving cert. Although none about my university exams.

have to admit, i've had about two nightmares in my life, both as a kid, neither which i remember.

so i cant really relate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Tom Slick

I dreamt that bertie aheren was old and i was his carer and had to give him a bedpan. It still haunts me

Bet he had some pair of cojones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

ArtSmart wrote: »
    ps, i do think you should see a professional if it continues.

Cheers.

Another night I dreamt that germany was at war with us and we had german military planes in our skies dropping bombs and I was running, and running, and running.
    Not good!

Cheers.

Another night I dreamt that germany was at war with us and we had german military planes in our skies dropping bombs and I was running, and running, and running.
    Not good!
    no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Do I dream about Ireland?

The last dream I remember...my granny was sitting beside me and there was naughty stuff on my screen and then I went somewhere to meet my bf and my granny turned up there to hand me a condom which she held in her mouth while she was shutting her bag after taking it out.....

I'd say no

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Tom Slick

Cheers.

Not good!

Stop watching 'Nazi tv'?

Advertisement