Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wolves v Manchester Utd (ESPN - 17.30)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

That should be it now. Fair play to Wolves, they got what they've deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thekid9

Doyler has been outstanding!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

That white jersey is just back luck, scrap it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    He just doesn't look like a world class player anymore.
    He doesnt even look like a professional footballer to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Shocking performance from the United midfield, just flat out awful. Carrick, Fletcher, and Scholes were all completely and utterly ****e. Giggs and Nani weren't much better, but the CB's had to be the ones doing the creative passing today because the central midfield was so ****. Really awful awful midfield performance. Awful.

It's not just them, it's Fergie. Why he isn't starting Anderson I don't know. Beyond that, why has hasn't gotten somebody in midfield I won't ever know.

Ultimately, it's cost him what could have been his greatest league achievement. We've been beaten. Let's just hope we can keep up this show long enough to get number 19. Because the reason we will win the league this season is not because of the brilliance of this team, but the sheer dross of the other top teams in the league this year.

Well done Wolves. Great team performance and a great win that's really needed for them. They were the better team on the pitch and I think they've got the heart and determination that should deserve them to stay in the league this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

:D

What a fcuking result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Well done Wolves. Fully deserved 3 points. United were a shambles, worst performance in a long long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Say Arsenal are regretting that game even more now :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Fair play Wolves.

Who'd have thunk the undefeated record would end with Wolves?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Well done Wolves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

Awful awful performance.
    Well done Wolves, if ye played against the rest the way ye play the top teams ye'd be pushing for Europe

Wow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

At the end of the day today was a better day for Arsenal that United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Well done Wolves. Good day for football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

ah well, well played Mick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Shocking stuff.

Not as shocking as Arsenal though:p

Not looking forward to next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Oh thats Utds first defeat this season isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

flahavaj wrote: »
    Well done Wolves. Fully deserved 3 points. United were a shambles, worst performance in a long long time.

Is it though? UTD played like that in alot of games if not the majority of their games this season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

rarnes1 wrote: »
    United are 5/2 to win.

Put your mother in laws house on it.

rarnes the mother in laws house gone?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

What a day of football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Well played to Wolves . . United were shocking and didnt deserve the result.

I could moan about the red card that O'Hara should of gotten on 57 or the peno for the handall not given to united but I dont want to sound like how the bitter ABU's sound when decisions go for united.

Sometimes you get the decisions, sometimes you dont, I am sure this will be awknowledged by the ABU brigade spamming with glee at Uniteds defeat.

That aside, United deserved nothing and while I would of preferred that the ref had done his job it mighnt do the complacent United players any harm being on the end of a poxy defeat like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Delighted :) Well played wolves, cant believe they are so far down the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

thekid9 wrote: »
    Doyler has been outstanding!!

Yeah outstanding :rolleyes: How he can keep his place in any team with 5 or 6 goals a season baffles me. What did he do tonight? Keep ball and win frees( and not so well) but you carry on believing;)

Well done Wolves! It's just a pity they can't perform like that week-in week-out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

How much is Rooney on a week now? absolute disguisting show from him, sh*tted on man united that time as far as im concerned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,469 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Man of the Match voting link:

MOTM

Player Ratings link:

Player Ratings

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Because they dont lose games

Yes they do , wheels beginning to fall off? manc derby next week , love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

What an absolute shambles that was. thank god its over. Fair play to Mick and Wolves. Fair lucky that Arsenal made a balls of there game today or else we could be in real trouble. We need to have the performance of the season next weekend against City.

Yeah outstanding :rolleyes: How he can keep his place in any team with 5 or 6 goals a season baffles me. What did he do tonight? Keep ball and win frees( and not so well) but you carry on believing;)

He scored. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Kevin Doyle is an absolute superstar.

United will still win the league but at least there'll be no unbeaten record.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

BERBA wrote: »
    manc derby next week , love it
    Me too, look forward to beating City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,619 ✭✭✭eigrod

Brilliant result Wolves. Well played well deserved :D

rarnes the mother in laws house gone?:D

Talk about win-win !!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Great day, fair play to Mick and his band of scrappers. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Ooops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

70% of the ball second half, 0 shots on target. Says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

United should have lose to better teams before tonight. Wolves were not so great. 2 sloppy set pieces and not a lot else. Not we get to hear how that bumbling idiot mc carthy is a great manager. He was a poor player and still is a poor manager. Of all the teams to lose to wolves have to be the worst:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Drumpot wrote: »
    Well played to Wolves . . United were shocking and didnt deserve the result.

I could moan about the red card that O'Hara should of gotten on 57 or the peno for the handall not given to united but I dont want to sound like how the bitter ABU's sound when decisions go for united.

Sometimes you get the decisions, sometimes you dont, I am sure this will be awknowledged by the ABU brigade spamming with glee at Uniteds defeat.

That aside, United deserved nothing and while I would of preferred that the ref had done his job it mighnt do the complacent United players any harm being on the end of a poxy defeat like this.

Didn't see much ABU baiting in fairness today. Normally there is, not today at all.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,619 ✭✭✭eigrod

The FA should tell Ferguson where to put his watch. No other manager puts as much pressure on a referee. Of course the FA won't do a thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Shocking display. Wouldn't say Wolves deserved their win, more United deserved to lose, tbh. Performance needs to be seriously upped for next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

no complaints really, defended poorly and were poor going forward. wolves parked the bus and we couldnt break them down.

ive said it time and time before, rio ferdinand is the key man of the team, we are hopeless without him, the whole team cannot play when he is missing, the whole team certainly cannot defend.

of course, there will nothing about the blatant penalty united were denied in the last few minutes or the o hara potential sending off, people will just moan about giggs elbow in the last 2 minutes. united didnt deserve to get in it, but once again, we didnt get the key decision that people seem to be obsessed that we are getting.

had united won 2-1 and the decisions were the other way around, this place would have decended into anarchy.

hopefully its a kick up the arse now before the derby next saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Well done Wolves! It's just a pity they can't perform like that week-in week-out.
    Thats the ironic team.
    They can beat the top teams but struggle against the poorer teams.
    That United midfield has zero creativity .
    I'd shudder to think what would happen Utd if they come up against Barca in the Champions league this season.

Nailz wrote: »
    Me too, look forward to beating City.

not much chance of that happening if ye cant beat the bottom team in the league;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Well done Wolves, fully deserved. United never really looked like scoring in the second half.

I have to say, of all the midfielders on show today, I thought Fletcher was by far the worst. His distribution was abysmal, even for him.

It was a loo waiting to happen if truth be told. It's just a surprise it came at Wolves.

Normally I wouldn't have much confidence at this stage of United winning the league the way they are playing, but given the dross that is sitting below United, Im still fairly confident United can win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

K-9 wrote: »
    Didn't see much ABU baiting in fairness today. Normally there is, not today at all.

Probably cause most of them are -

big-joint.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

United should have lose to better teams before tonight. Wolves were not so great. 2 sloppy set pieces and not a lot else. Not we get to hear how that bumbling idiot mc carthy is a great manager. He was a poor player and still is a poor manager. Of all the teams to lose to wolves have to be the worst:mad:

Boo-hoo! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Pretty funny watching United fans moan about the ref..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

not much chance of that happening if ye cant beat the bottom team in the league;)

Do you take more pleasure in United losing or Spurs winning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Great result for Wolves. Its hard to believe that team is in the relegation zone. I've seen them a few times and they always play well but usually find a way to lose somehow.

Advertisement