Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wolves v Manchester Utd (ESPN - 17.30)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Any news on Ferdinands injury? Could be a major factor if he's out for a while.

United should have lose to better teams before tonight. Wolves were not so great. 2 sloppy set pieces and not a lot else. Not we get to hear how that bumbling idiot mc carthy is a great manager. He was a poor player and still is a poor manager. Of all the teams to lose to wolves have to be the worst:mad:

What a bitter post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

baz2009 wrote: »
    Shocking display. Wouldn't say Wolves deserved their win, more United deserved to lose, tbh. Performance needs to be seriously upped for next week.

Ah come on Baz call a spade a spade .
    Wolves deserved their win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Man of the Match voting link:

MOTM

Player Ratings link:

Player Ratings

Thanks Mitch, this should be fun :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

baz2009 wrote: »
    Do you take more pleasure in United losing or Spurs winning?

one of the perfect days baz:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭jacool

What an absolute shambles that was. thank god its over. Fair play to Mick and Wolves. Fair lucky that Arsenal made a balls of there game today or else we could be in real trouble. We need to have the performance of the season next weekend against City.
    Not lucky - you can't concede 4 and be called unlucky.
    This may well be the worst team to win the Premier League but they are the most professional and that's what will count. They wouldn't throw away a 4 goal lead. They have been poor in so many games but still dug out results.
    Today did show that Giggs and Scholes are getting past their sell-by dates. The handball was desperate and Giggs hack on Doyle could have got a card of any colour - the ball being out of play not being relevant. The one thing United have is that each week that goes by means a game less for their opponents to bridge the gap (4 points and 4 goals). Unless they were to capitulate home and away against Chelsea (Torres has indian sign over Vidic) they should reward the 4/5 odds that they are currently priced at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

BERBA wrote: »
    not much chance of that happening if ye cant beat the bottom team in the league;)

Hoestly Berba .... Do one !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

eigrod wrote: »
    The FA should tell Ferguson where to put his watch. No other manager puts as much pressure on a referee. Of course the FA won't do a thing.

Yes, pointing at your watch when the opposing team are wasting time is a hanging offence.

Cop on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Lukker- wrote: »
    Pretty funny watching United fans moan about the ref..

Pretty funny you not understanding that United fans were actually moaning about how ABU's will forget this the next time a decision goes Uniteds way and they will protest how we always get dodgy decisions !

Most United fans accept the ups and the downs, ABU's only accept anything dodgy that favours united . . ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

BERBA wrote: »
    not much chance of that happening if ye cant beat the bottom team in the league;)
    Not much chance of us losing if we can't lose to anyone else in the league. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

eagle eye wrote: »
    Great result for Wolves. Its hard to believe that team is in the relegation zone. I've seen them a few times and they always play well but usually find a way to lose somehow.

Mad thing is they've beaten City, Chelsea, Liverpool and United and they are joint bottom!

Yes Richard, the worlds gone mad.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Pretty funny watching United fans moan about the ref..

Complaining about the ref and admitting that we 100% deserved to lose and Wolves were well worth their 3 points.

Had it been the other way around, there would be very little "well done United, fully deserved" from any neutrals. But that's just the way things work in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Drumpot wrote: »
    Pretty funny you not understanding that United fans were actually moaning about how ABU's will forget this the next time a decision goes Uniteds way and they will protest how we always get dodgy decisions !

Most United fans accept the ups and the downs, ABU's only accept anything dodgy that favours united . . ;)

You're aware of the irony of you whinging about the ABUs whinging right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭jacool

United should have lose to better teams before tonight. Wolves were not so great. 2 sloppy set pieces and not a lot else. Not we get to hear how that bumbling idiot mc carthy is a great manager. He was a poor player and still is a poor manager. Of all the teams to lose to wolves have to be the worst:mad:
    I can see why you are called "ordinary man". Mick McCarthy has done well with limited resources and I'm sure I'm not the only one who rates him as a manager. His team are definitely lower in the table than their play deserves. I would have them above Wigan, West Ham and both Birmingham clubs without hesitation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,619 ✭✭✭eigrod

adox wrote: »
    Yes, pointing at your watch when the opposing team are wasting time is a hanging offence.

Hahahhahaha. What do you want them to do ? Hurry the ball back into play for poor lil' ManU ? Every team in the world wastes time when they are in a winning position, not to mention a team bottom of the league who are leading the league leaders.

Ferguson looked pathetic when that's all he spent the last 15 minutes doing

Cop on

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

mixednuts wrote: »
    Ah come on Baz call a spade a spade .
    Wolves deserved their win.

Their tactics were perfect for the bottom team v the top team. They just let united constantly attack the 10 men they kept behind the ball, then when they got the ball it was a hoof and a half up to Doyle who played his role brilliantly. United had every opportunity to win though, they were just inept in attack.

Rio out for a few weeks with a calf injury.
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Fair play to Wolves. They were worth the win today. They worked their bollocks off for the full 95 minutes.

United just couldn't click when they needed to. The central midfield were poor in the first half, but then in the second when that got sorted Giggs had faded a lot and Nani went wandering a bit too much.

Evans badly at fault for the second goal. He continues to be woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Cop on.

It's an unsporting gesture, like waving an imaginary card, except he's always at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Wahey. Utd finally lost in the league!!!!

Xavi6 wrote: »
    You're aware of the irony of you whinging about the ABUs whinging right?

Im "whinging" about the contradiction nature of ABU's, not the fact that they whinge . . How is that Ironic ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Well done to Wolves. Deserved it. They were more concentrated and were the tougher men, delt with the conditions and the pitch. Pressing, in their faces, 100% commitment and at times kept the ball better than the team at the top.

I think United will come back stronger from this though. In a strange way this defeat was needed for them. More concentration is needed from set pieces. 4goals away from home vs Wolves and Blackpool is not good enough.
    The FA should tell Ferguson where to put his watch. No other manager puts as much pressure on a referee. Of course the FA won't do a thing.

In fairness I thought the officals were awful.

Rooney could have easily went for kicking out - ref gives nothing then books him for a nothing challenge. He made an obvious attempt to trip when Wolves were on the counter, another thing he got away with

Giggs should have been booked for his off the ball "challenge" on Doyle - nothing given.

I counted 4 throw ins that Wolves should have got and went Uniteds way

United could of had 2 penalties, although the handball wasnt deliberate.

Vidic was fouled twice in the box at two different corners - nothing was given. It wasnt just your typical pulling and tugging either.

An awful lot of time wasting by Wolves. Fergie was somewhat right to feel agrieved.

Doyle should have got a freekick towards the end, elbow by Smallling. Nothing about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Bad result for United but like all great teams they'll be back.

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    Complaining about the ref and admitting that we 100% deserved to lose and Wolves were well worth their 3 points.

Had it been the other way around, there would be very little "well done United, fully deserved" from any neutrals. But that's just the way things work in here.

You'd get plenty of "knew United would win" posts, hell, plenty of them at half time etc.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Now Utd have lost we can focus on whats important.........winning the league, who cares how it comes about once its Vidic with the trophy come May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Personally I thought the ref had a good game, he missed one or two small incidents but they had largely no effect on the result. There was no clear penalties, anytime Doyle went down too easy trying to waste time the ref copped it. O'Hara's first yellow was a booking, he definitely meant to hold him back. The second tackle had no malice in it and was just slightly mistimed.

Im "whinging" about the contradiction nature of ABU's, not the fact that they whinge . . How is that Ironic ?

It's ironic because you're having a moan in a United match thread. Doesn't matter why you're doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

nuxxx wrote: »
    rooneys been slow and sluggish :(
    For nearly a year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Hahahhahaha. What do you want them to do ? Hurry the ball back into play for poor lil' ManU ? Every team in the world wastes time when they are in a winning position, not to mention a team bottom of the league who are leading the league leaders.

Ferguson looked pathetic when that's all he spent the last 15 minutes doing

:rolleyes:

I'm not debating that Wolves shouldn't waste time, just your pathetic little dig at Ferguson for the crime of pointing it out.

Petty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

So,is this where United's season goes down hill!?

• Advertisement

It's ironic because you're having a moan in a United match thread. Doesn't matter why you're doing it.

It doesnt matter what I am doing or why or what I say , I am just ironic because I am highlighting a fair point (that you consider a moan) on a United match thread?

Cant really argue with that logic . . :D

The second tackle had no malice in it and was just slightly mistimed.

Anywhere else on the pitch and that was a yellow
    And probably if he wasnt booked already he would have been for that

If that was in the middle of the pitch or outside the box, or even in the corner of the pitch the yellow would have came out

I'm not debating that Wolves shouldn't waste time, just your pathetic little dig at Ferguson for the crime of pointing it out.

Petty.

Ferguson is always at it when ManU are losing/drawing. It's pathetic, it looks pathetic, it should be stopped. But it won't.

It doesnt matter what I am doing or why or what I say , I am just ironic because I am highlighting a fair point (that you consider a moan) on a United match thread?

Cant really argue with that logic . . :D

And all those ABUs are merely highlighting a fair point about inconsistencies as they see them ;)

Ferguson is always at it when ManU are losing/drawing. It's pathetic, it looks pathetic, it should be stopped. But it won't.

Apparantly fergie doesnt put the toilet seat back down at home aswell, drives his misses mad. . Surely the FA can do something to stop this kind of tyranical abuse of power !!!

Im sure the FA have a rulebook for these kind of things, think its called the "lets get pety" Campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Trilla wrote: »
    Anywhere else on the pitch and that was a yellow
    And probably if he wasnt booked already he would have been for that

If that was in the middle of the pitch or outside the box, or even in the corner of the pitch the yellow would have came out

Not for me, persitent fouling maybe, but he only had 1 previous foul which he got booked for. I think booking for tackles like that discourages sliding tackles, which is ghey.

• Advertisement

And all those ABUs are merely highlighting a fair point about inconsistencies as they see them ;)

Thank you . . This is where we can clarify what I said v how you interpreted it.

ABUs highlight inconsistancies that favour United and love nothing better then ignoring the inconsistancies that work against United.

I am happy to highlight and discuss both which for some reason makes me ironic in your eyes . .

Apparantly fergie doesnt put the toilet seat back down at home aswell, drives his misses mad. . Surely the FA can do something to stop this kind of tyranical abuse of power !!!

Im sure the FA have a rulebook for these kind of things, think its called the "lets get pety" Campaign.

The same Ferguson who made a big deal in the media a couple of years ago about an alleged gesture by the then manager of Liverpool that upset his great mate Allardyce, in a game that had nothing to do with Ferguson ? Mr. Ferguson is king of the "let's get petty" campaign.....I'm only trailing in his wake.

And any undue pressure on the referee from the touchline should be clamped down. But we know the "respect" campaign doesn't apply to one club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

So,is this where United's season goes down hill!?

Anyone?,cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Anyone?,cheers.

To be honest, it depends.

Personally i think they will win the league but on the European front i think they will get horribly embarrassed at some stage.

The same Ferguson who made a big deal in the media a couple of years ago about an alleged gesture by the then manager of Liverpool that upset his great mate Allardyce, in a game that had nothing to do with Ferguson ? Mr. Ferguson is king of the "let's get petty" campaign.....I'm only trailing in his wake.

And any undue pressure on the referee from the touchline should be clamped down. But we know the "respect" campaign doesn't apply to one club.

Good interview on Football Focus today Rafa!

• Advertisement

Anyone?,cheers.

They'll drop enough points for someone else to steal it, but the others will prove not to be up to the mark. ManU's title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Anyone?,cheers.

Strangely, I think it's just what united needed, a good firm kick up the arse.

which is ghey.
    You win

Don't know if I should be entertaining this, but why should it be stopped? Nothing about Mick McCarthy roaring his voice every ten seconds - swearing at the top of his voice and the mics picking it up? You tell me which one is worse? Personally I think thats great though :)

I wouldnt like to see either of them "stopped". I think its an odd post on your behalf. A lot of managers do it.

What about Wenger today when Newcastle came back? Roaring at the fourth offical? What about Moyes during the week, bringing up certain things Fabregas said in the tunnel...I'm sure thats the first time ever thats happened.

You could go on and on and on about petty things in the sport. Ferguson is entitled to put his finger to the watch, I don't think he's breaking any rules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Glad you agree. Fergie says thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Even when Utd lose, the tin-foil hat brigade comes out to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I just find it funny that people still use the term ABU?

Seriously, leave it out

You win

Don't know if I should be entertaining this, but why should it be stopped? Nothing about Mick McCarthy roaring his voice every ten seconds - swearing at the top of his voice and the mics picking it up? You tell me which one is worse? Personally I think thats great though :)

I wouldnt like to see either of them "stopped". I think its an odd post on your behalf. A lot of managers do it.

What about Wenger today when Newcastle came back? Roaring at the fourth offical? What about Moyes during the week, bringing up certain things Fabregas said in the tunnel...I'm sure thats the first time ever thats happened.

You could go on and on and on about petty things in the sport. Ferguson is entitled to put his finger to the watch, I don't think he's breaking any rules

Yes, it should all be stopped. This is the match thread for this evening's game though and that's why I commented. The FA introduced a respect campaign, but don't enforce it. The camera panned to Ferguson on at least 4 or 5 occassions in the second half and all he was doing was roaring at the ref pointing to his watch. Perhaps it was the TV director's fault.

Seriously, leave it out

Sorry Mod.

LMFAO . .

Wow, fergie backed one of his fellow managers/friends in a dispute against the innocent, infallible Rafa which was as much mindgames as anything else. The same Rafa whose team got the most penos, awful dodgy decisions (Wigan/Hull games are first ones that come to mind) and opponents got the most reds, the same season he went off on his "fachts" rant about how united get all the decisions that I am sure influenced refs!

Most people know that managers are always going nuts when decisions got against them or there isnt enough (or too much) injury time played, yet you single out fergie as if he is any differant to most managers in the game.

"Fergie Time" is a phrase thats much loved by the ABU brigade , yet I didnt hear it a couple of weeks back when 10 mins of injury time was added in a game where united were leading by only a goal. Of course were roles reversed, there would of been riots about "fergie time" that IRONICALY (thats for you Xavi) only seems to exist when United benefit from extra time in injury time.

Your posts are just hypocrisy of the highest order as you completely ignore the fact that the only thing seperating fergie from most managers is not his actions but his status in the hearts of those that love him and those that loath him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement