Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wolves v Manchester Utd (ESPN - 17.30)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

eigrod wrote: »
    The same Ferguson who made a big deal in the media a couple of years ago about an alleged gesture by the then manager of Liverpool that upset his great mate Allardyce, in a game that had nothing to do with Ferguson ? Mr. Ferguson is king of the "let's get petty" campaign.....I'm only trailing in his wake.

And any undue pressure on the referee from the touchline should be clamped down. But we know the "respect" campaign doesn't apply to one club.

God it must be so sh*t to have to wait so long to have a gloat. Enjoy the big day little man.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Yes, it should all be stopped. This is the match thread for this evening's game though and that's why I commented. The FA introduced a respect campaign, but don't enforce it. The camera panned to Ferguson on at least 4 or 5 occassions in the second half and all he was doing was roaring at the ref pointing to his watch. Perhaps it was the TV director's fault.

Look, seriously, how is questioning potential time wasting by pointing at your watch got anything with the "respect" campaign?

Do you even understand what the campaign is about? It's hardly disrespecting the ref now is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,619 ✭✭✭eigrod

Gosh, I didn't expect to have hit the raw nerve so accurately this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I just find it funny that people still use the term ABU?

I find it pathetic and childish, right up there with Manure and Chelski.

adox wrote: »
    Look, seriously, how is questioning potential time wasting by pointing at your watch got anything with the "respect" campaign?

Do you even understand what the campaign is about? It's hardly disrespecting the ref now is it?

Yes, I understand it very well. It's about letting the ref get on with his job without players and officials shouting at him/her to enforce what they think is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

adox wrote: »

Riddle me this. Why is frantically tapping your watch at the 65th minute mark as Fergie was today not considered unsporting conduct much the same as waving imaginary cards?

I don't particularly mind either, but to me they are pretty much the same.

Being corrected when you are talking out your hole would be more accurate. :)

^ ^ ^ ^

Bingo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Yes, I understand it very well. It's about letting the ref get on with his job without players and officials shouting at him/her to enforce what they think is right.

Which premiership team do you support? I'm just wondering because the manager must be saintly

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

delighted for Wolves. Great result for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I think I'm going to add to the block list, who's gonna join me?

I couldnt help but smile for Mick at the end. I'm glad for Ward too, and my mate is mates with Kevin Doyle so they'll be pleased. Hope Wolves stay up. away to Arsenal now....tough one they'll be wounded animals too

Wolves abú !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Jaysus, ye only lost one match. United winning the title would be nearly worth it to stop the whinging.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Why so surprised ?

Saves United fans long winded explanations . . Tell you what, look at the United match threads where United lose (or looked like they were going to lose for long parts of the game) and watch how the posts spike (and amount of posters) when United are losing and they usually drop down when United get back into the game . .

ABU is a simple way of describing those fanatacal warrriors that wait on United match threads until something crappy happens to United, at which time they troll spam come to the United match thread to announce how happy they are . .

Drumpot wrote: »
    Tell you what, look at the United match threads where United lose (or looked like they were going to lose for long parts of the game) and watch how the posts spike (and amount of posters) when United are losing and they usually drop down when United get back into the game . .

In many cases that includes ManUtd fans coming on to have a moan and a go at certain players, tactics etc.

Also, it's not exclusive to Man Utd match threads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Why so surprised ?

Saves United fans long winded explanations . . Tell you what, look at the United match threads where United lose (or looked like they were going to lose for long parts of the game) and watch how the posts spike (and amount of posters) when United are losing and they usually drop down when United get back into the game . .

ABU is a simple way of describing those fanatacal warrriors that wait on United match threads until something crappy happens to United, at which time they troll spam come to the United match thread to announce how happy they are . .

What's this? A post from Drumpot that's not just a piccie?

Why so surprised ?

Get over it. It happens in the Liverpool match threads too.

Count yourself lucky ye don't lose as much as us ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Why so surprised ?

:rolleyes:

And what do you call the Manchester United fans that antagonise other fans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Can United not lose or draw in peace anymore?:pac:

Ush1 wrote: »

And want do you call the Manchester United fans that antagonise other fans?

Heroic warriors in red.

• Advertisement

K-9 wrote: »
    Jaysus, ye only lost one match. United winning the title would be nearly worth it to stop the whinging.

Its funny cause I dont really know what the definition of whinging is to some of the people posting here. .

If a United fan is whinging when they say their team deserved to lose and pointed out that there were bad decisions against them (more highlighting that United dont always get the decisions, as opposed to moaning about the decisions themselves), what exactly would one call the BS written by the "non united fans" when United get a bad decision their way !

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Get over it. It happens in the Liverpool match threads too.

Count yourself lucky ye don't lose as much as us ;)

Spot on well said.

Having said that though I think a lot of people are more annoyed at comments about certain campaigns and rules that don't apply to Manchester United but to others and the likes. Probably worse to entertain such comments!

flahavaj wrote: »
    Heroic warriors in red.

"Everybody hates us, sniff sniff":(

And what do you call the Manchester United fans that antagonise other fans?

I call them an inconvenience as I usually end up being treated as though I am one of them. Prob same for the few Non ABU, non United fans that come to these threads and get called ABUs.

You my friend can call these whatever you want.

"Everybody hates us, sniff sniff":(

"We don't care" I believe is the next bit.;)

Its funny cause I dont really know what the definition of whinging is to some of the people posting here. .

If a United fan is whinging when they say their team deserved to lose and pointed out that there were bad decisions against them (more highlighting that United dont always get the decisions, as opposed to moaning about the decisions themselves), what exactly would one call the BS written by the "non united fans" when United get a bad decision their way !

Puking vile drivel is the only thing that can comparibly come close I guess.

Every club has their haters. As rarnes1 pointed out, try being a Liverpool fan for the last 18 months. We don't even have results to take solace in, though hopefully that is changing.

Chelsea have theirs, Arsenal......................

United aren't special in that regard, believe me.

The ref missed stuff by both sides. Sh*t happens, ye lost your first PL game of the season. Things could be worse. Just looks bad on the United fans that are using this match thread to make this an issue.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Lads, let the wind-up merchants enjoy their day. They've been waiting long enough for it. Let's hope they're waiting just as long for the next loss.

Some great scenes from the Wolves fans at the end...ESPN slow mos, gotta love them...who needs Andy Gray with his 16inch screens and subbuteo table!

flahavaj wrote: »
    "We don't care" I believe is the next bit.;)

I'd hope so, be reading "ABU" alot less then.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

Hey guys.

Thought Carrick was awful today. How he is still getting picked after 2 years of terrible form is beyond me.

• Advertisement

I'd hope so, be reading "ABU" alot less then.:)

Anyone But Ush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

dedon wrote: »
    Hey guys.

Thought Carrick was awful today. How he is still getting picked after 2 years of terrible form is beyond me.
    Nust try harder buddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I think ABU should be treated on the board as a term of abuse. I regard pretty much all clubs equally and should not be labelled as a hater of one in particular. Effectively if you call me ABU you are calling me what an ABU would call Man U.

Well done Mick - did more with tiny resources than his "superior" did with all in the world.

K-9 wrote: »
    Every club has their haters. As rarnes1 pointed out, try being a Liverpool fan for the last 18 months. We don't even have results to take solace in, though hopefully that is changing.

Chelsea have theirs, Arsenal......................

United aren't special in that regard, believe me.

The ref missed stuff by both sides. Sh*t happens, ye lost your first PL game of the season. Things could be worse. Just looks bad on the United fans that are using this match thread to make this an issue.

Actually it is differant for United at moment and its the same thing that happens to most successful clubs (liverpool in 80's). If united were mid table , nobody would care what fergie does or says or how united players react.

I think people need to see the differance between somebody pointing out hypocracy to somebody moaning about bad ref decisions.

I think bad decisions generally even themselves out over a season. I am just making it my business to point it out to those who feel otherwise . .

You feel there is nothing wrong with people coming on here to annoy United fans and I think there is nothing wrong with me pointing out the folly of certain negative United posts that are based on prejudicial bias.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

rio out for minimum 2 weeks , bet tevez loving that news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

So many ABUS

sorry

BERBA wrote: »
    rio out for minimum 2 weeks , bet tevez loving that news

oh shiit

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

You feel there is nothing wrong with people coming on here to annoy United fans and I think there is nothing wrong with me pointing out the folly of certain negative United posts that are based on prejudicial bias.

Build a bridge. Get on over it.

If not, go to a man u specific forum.

It happens across the forum, not just man u :rolleyes:

Actually it is differant for United at moment and its the same thing that happens to most successful clubs (liverpool in 80's). If united were mid table , nobody would care what fergie does or says or how united players react.

I think people need to see the differance between somebody pointing out hypocracy to somebody moaning about bad ref decisions.

I think bad decisions generally even themselves out over a season. I am just making it my business to point it out to those who feel otherwise . .

Don't know where you get the idea I'm okay with it? It's one of those things we have to put up with as fans of clubs.

Liverpool were in mid table mediocrity, no threat to anybody except relegation threatened teams :eek: and posters were having digs.

Seems a persecution complex tbh.

• Advertisement

I support Chelsea, everyone thinks we're cunts, we just prefer not to categorize them.

I think ABU should be treated on the board as a term of abuse. I regard pretty much all clubs equally and should not be labelled as a hater of one in particular. Effectively if you call me ABU you are calling me what an ABU would call Man U.

Well done Mick - did more with tiny resources than his "superior" did with all in the world.

Your view is that you treat all clubs equally, thats subjective, not definitive.

I imagine theres plenty of people who would concur with your desires to have the phrase "ABU" banned. Just means United fans have to go into more explanation when their match threads are being ransacked by -
    • anti United rhetoric
    • non loving United "neutral" fans
    • Fergie bashers
    • United Bashers
    • Glazer Supporters;)
    • Liverpool Fans
    • Tom Hicks
    • etc

We cant ban all these terms ? :cool:

Remember some ABU fans wear this title with pride, surely you dont want to take this one piece of joy in their footballing life away from them ?

I personally think its better being able to bracket a blatantly obvious ABU as an ABU, like its easier for others to bracket blatantly obvious United fans as United fans. It just works . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

I think ABU should be treated on the board as a term of abuse. I regard pretty much all clubs equally and should not be labelled as a hater of one in particular.

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Whats with some United fans and the persecution complex? Get over yourselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

eagle eye wrote: »

What are you doing out of the Liverpool superthread?

Yakult wrote: »
    Build a bridge. Get on over it.

If not, go to a man u specific forum.

It happens across the forum, not just man u :rolleyes:

Im in a United fan in a United match thread discussing things about United.

I find it amusing that you are saying I need to build a bridge ! ! :D:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Essien wrote: »
    I support Chelsea, everyone thinks we're cunts, we just prefer not to categorize them.

Honesty will get you nowhere fast. .

Honesty will get you nowhere fast. .
    Honest would get me banned.

eagle eye wrote: »

Why did you single me out ?

Essien wrote: »
    I support Chelsea, everyone knows we're cunts, we just prefer not to categorize them.

FYP :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Same old ABU's having their day. It's a fashion thing since we have been the dominant club in English football for 20 years.

Most of these guys completely wrote us off at the start of the year too. Their hatred of Man Utd exceeds their love of their own club. Which is pathetic.

Fair play to Wolves. We were absolutely dreadful. Some really poor performances. We dominated possession for the whole of the second half without creating a decent chance.

Poor stuff today, yet we still are top. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement