Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tofu

Options
  • 05-02-2011 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

Anyone know where I can buy some in the city?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Dunnes in the shopping centre has some

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭whatsyourquota

Really, in what part do you know? I searched in there for ages yesterday and couldnt find it!

its just in the door where all the veg is. i think its beside the lettuce in the fridge! its in a white packet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭whatsyourquota

Thanks! :D Dont know how I missed it considering im in there everyday!

if ya cant find it in there, then theres an asian shop across the road from cps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Evergreen, Healthwise, the health food shops too.

Think Ernie usually has it on Sea Road too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Okay what the hell is tofu?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Okay what the hell is tofu?

A curd made from soya beans. Can be soft or more firm and come in a block. The supermarket stuff is quite chalky and bland (freshly made tofu can be yum tho), but it is high in protein and if prepared and spiced properly, can be delicious.

It can get a bad rap as tasteless, as often it is just tossed in to food and bot marinaded or spiced and cooked well.

Advertisement