Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White chocolate biscuit cake

Options
  • 05-02-2011 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I'm making a wedding cake for a friend and she has asked for a white chocolate biscuit cake. I have a dark chocolate biscuit cake recipe from Cake Box which uses golden syrup to sweeten the chocolate mix, but I'm guessing white chocolate won't need this. Should I just use the white chocolate with butter and biscuits instead? Would love some advice on this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I would think the syrup might also be for binding. I would try making a mini version of the cake with and without the syrup and see how it tastes and if it is needed for binding.

Checking online, regular dairy milk and milkybars are both 57% sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭DreamC

I would still add Golden Syrup. Otherwise they will have to saw the cake. :) And I would recommend to reduce the butter, as white chocolate is quite fat. The best thing is to look for exact quantities on the net as make a mini "trial" version as Rubadub advised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Bakeforthecake

thanks guys! think I will have to try that!

Advertisement