Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this false advertising ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

You sure you have the right suite? An attempt to purchase it online and pick up for free comes to 929 ..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm not clear on what costs €1600. Does the entire corner unit cost €1600 in the store? If so, what part of the unit costs €929?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

dudara wrote: »
    I'm not clear on what costs €1600. Does the entire corner unit cost €1600 in the store? If so, what part of the unit costs €929?

The '1 Arm Right Hand Facing Sofa Unit'.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Not necessarily false, but certainly confusing.

It does say only "1 arm" and the dimensions are indicative of one arm, not both.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

The description is pretty clear, it's the picture that might mislead you.
    1 Arm Right Hand Facing Sofa Unit
    Available to order in a choice of fabric colours & grades. See Store for details.
    Dimensions (L x D x H) cm: 197 cm x 108cm x 91cm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

That's what I thought. In this case, I don't think it's deliberate false advertising, but it is poor advertising. The text of the ad should point out clearly that the price applies to one portion of the corner unit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

dudara wrote: »
    That's what I thought. In this case, I don't think it's deliberate false advertising, but it is poor advertising. The text of the ad should point out clearly that the price applies to one portion of the corner unit.

I don' think it goes far enough alright to spell this out - you could order on-line for 929 expecting to get the picture and would be up in arms when only half arrives :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

I agree, this is poor advertising and purposely misleading. Ebay would kick them into touch on this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

tommy21 wrote: »
    You sure you have the right suite? An attempt to purchase it online and pick up for free comes to 929 ..

Thats what I thought. The shop then told me that it was only half the "L" shape, so you get the "I" but no "_".

• Registered Users Posts: 24,084 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Thats what I thought. The shop then told me that it was only half the "L" shape, so you get the "I" but no "_".

Perhaps it was left over from a Christmas promotion - No L.

:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Furniture Connexions in Briarhill, Galway.

Website shows this nice corner suite @ €929 but on arrival to the shop, its €1600+ as the price is only for part.

Questionable if this is false advertising !!

http://www.furnitureconnexions.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11_49_155&products_id=777

If you click next they have the same picture for a "1 Arm, Left Hand Facing Sofa Unit". Just laziness TBH.

Advertisement