Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mouse crapped out, looking for replacement

Options
  • 05-02-2011 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've been using an MX Revolution for close to three years at this point, and it's a bloody fantastic mouse, but unfortunately it's just up and died on me, tried everything, but it's bricked.

Dunno if it's under warranty - think not - but either way I've been wondering what else is out there in terms of mice. Recently I came across a friend of mine that bought the RAT 7 mouse. Looks and feels brilliant.

I'm looking for recommendations on a good gaming mouse, preferably with a good few buttons (7+ area, but nothing like the Naga or anything), good customisation in terms of button functions, DPI settings, etc. And, any place in Dublin city that stocks the RAT 9.

tl;dr - MX Revolution mouse died, looking for replacement that I can go and pick up in Dublin, and thinking of the RAT 9 at the moment.

Thanks all.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I use the razer deathadder, it's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

There was some controversy over the Phillips Twin Eye sensor used in some mouses/mice. May have been a storm in a teacup but here's a thread on the subject if you'd like to read up on it.

http://www.overclock.net/computer-peripherals/807768-why-phillips-twin-eye-sensor-hated.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

This.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

This too.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Foreverdelayed

I've been using a Logitech G500 for the last few months. Really nice mouse, found it excellent for gaming whether it be CS:S or Black Ops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

I know its aincient at this stage, but Ive been using a Logitech MX1000 for the last donkeys years...

Having had a great experience with this mouse I would have no problems recommending logitech again, based on your own experiences with them too, I would be enclined to stay Logitech.

Now having said that, I have no experience of their current generation, but the "Wireless Gaming Mouse G700" and the "Performance Mouse MX" do look pretty sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Friend of mine has the microsoft sidewinder and is verry happy with it. Dont know if it has enough buttons for what you are looking for though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Thanks for all the input guys. I actually ended up ordering the RAT9. That G700 does look very nice though. The Performance MX was actually one I was looking at, but without the thumbwheel of the MX Revolution, it's really only got the - admittedly very nice and comfortable - shape going for it. Was considering the Sidewinder too, but in the end that all-too-useful sniper button on the RAT won out.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Wow, never heard of those RAT9 mice, has that thing got feckin afterburners on it?!! Now I want one.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Maj Malfunction

Connavar wrote: »
    Friend of mine has the microsoft sidewinder and is verry happy with it. Dont know if it has enough buttons for what you are looking for though

I use one of these and found it an ideal replacement to my previous old Logitech. Works great with decent battery life for the cordless version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Nah, that's a built-in allan key to adjust the size/shape of the mouse, nothing special. :D

Advertisement