Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salthill airshow 2011

Options
  • 05-02-2011 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

We can live in hope. Down to sponsorship i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

Its very doutbfull for this year im afraid,as always funding is the issue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

the city badly needs the business and everyone else a bit of a lift, hope it happens. just remember the general election candidates who opposed it when you go to the ballot box!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You bring the monies, we bring the crowds :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

when was it last on? 2008 was it?
    I couldn't go cos I had to work... and work was sooo dead that day:mad:

always loved the airshow. hope it comes back to galway some summer soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I'd love to see the airshow happening this year, enjoyed seeing the red arrows the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

If its any consolation the Red Arrows are 90% certain to be here the following summer in 2012 when the Volvo Ocean Race is back here.
    I know its too cliche to say it though but "sinister forces" have been at work to try and sabbotage the event from its opening year.Anyone approached to provide sponsorship has been harrassed by a certain group of Anti War "protestors" so they wont provide any money.Politicans are so scared of these guys that they vote against the council providing funding for the event.These guys also do anonymous/harassing phone calls to the organisers of the event-i have proof of that btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭encyclopedia

What is the obsession with the airshow in Galway, the amount of threads that appear here about it is crazy, it is an overrated waste of time that promotes and justifies the propanganda that the superpowers of the western world are creating

"They must be good guys because they can do tricks :rolleyes:"
    "Don't vote for someone because they ruined our airshow:("
    "Its so great for the economy :confused:"

Wake up lads its an unnecessary event that promotes war

How much money is needed to guarentee this spectacular event?
    I and i'm sure a lot of others would be glad to donate some money, i wish the businesses that benefit from the crowds that attend would stump up their fair share.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

What is the obsession with the airshow in Galway, the amount of threads that appear here about it is crazy, it is an overrated waste of time that promotes and justifies the propanganda that the superpowers of the western world are creating

:pac:

Its people like you that give Galway a bad name.

• Advertisement

Steyr wrote: »
    :pac:

Its people like you that give Galway a bad name.

Its war promoters like yourself that keep the propaganda going

RHJ wrote: »

Nothing this year I can safely say op.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

What propaganda is that?

What about all the promotion for the RNLI and The Irish Coast Guard?

What war did he promote?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

Steyr wrote: »
    What about all the promotion for the RNLI and The Irish Coast Guard?
    If it was an event that only promotes these two nobody would go. I havn't heard a single person say "I can't wait for the RNLI and the Irish Coast Guard".
    dloob wrote: »
    What propaganda is that?

The promotion of war as if its necessary and a good thing. Fighter planes from the USA and the UK coming to Galway to show how skilful they are to show off how strong there airforce is. Do you honestly think that they come here for the good of our people so that we can see an amazing airshow. Its a propaganda tool that shows how powerful they are so we dont mess with them. I'm not someone who falls for conspiricy theories but this one is obvious.
    galwayrush wrote: »
    What war did he promote?:confused:
    I never stated that he promoted a particular war but judging by his username he certainly has an interest in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Its a propaganda tool that shows how powerful they are so we dont mess with them.

Lol.

The promotion of war as if its necessary and a good thing. Fighter planes from the USA and the UK coming to Galway to show how skilful they are to show off how strong there airforce is. Do you honestly think that they come here for the good of our people so that we can see an amazing airshow. Its a propaganda tool that shows how powerful they are so we dont mess with them. I'm not someone who falls for conspiricy theories but this one is obvious.

So it's kind of a don't mess with us or we'll do a loop followed by a low speed flyby on your ass

So it's kind of a don't mess with us or we'll do a loop followed by a low speed flyby on your ass

Are you being stupid on purpose

• Advertisement

Are you being stupid on purpose

Are you?

You said it was to show of the strength of their air force.
    You do know what they do at an air show right?
    They don't gather all the GAAW on an island in the bay and give a display of precision bombing.

Anyway I'm fairly sure the Air Corp wasn't planning on taking on any other air forces any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

Do you enjoy anything?

Are you?

You said it was to show of the strength of their air force.
    You do know what they do at an air show right?
    They don't gather all the GAAW on an island in the bay and give a display of precision bombing.

Anyway I'm fairly sure the Air Corp wasn't planning on taking on any other air forces any time soon.

You do understand that the same pilots fly in wars like the "War on Iraq"
    By them showing the skills of there pilots they are showing what they can do if any country dares to go against them. Its not down to whether the air force plans to take on another airforce its down to whether the country that they represent decide to invade another country which they have done in the recent past.

If the airshow did not have fighter type planes I would have absolutely no issue with it. They send the fighter type planes to show how great they are. Its not from the good of there heart, air shows are a propaganda tool. If I suggested that China use these type of events as a proganda tool on that side of the world you would probably agree with me but the fact that they are displays from "The Good Guys" you choose to feel that its not propaganda

brembo26 wrote: »
    Do you enjoy anything?

Just because I don't rate the precious airshow does not mean that I have no life. If your life revolves around the airshow then I feel sorry for you. Its an unimportant and overrated event that everybody seems to think will somehow magically solve all the problems in Galway. People on here are talking about voting for certain candidates that support it ffs. I'm sure that Steyr can varify too that its not down to political influence that the show isn't running its down to the fact that they don't have the funds which suggests to me that its not financially viable for businesses in the salthill area.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm just gonna put my foot down on this one.
    Until there is news about a show Yes/No there isn't any reason to get yourselves all worked up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement