Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SeaSessions 2011

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ladypink

Ye line-up looks class alright. I wonder if Ziggy will play some of his dad's stuff or just his own material. Your right it is a fair spin, so just want to get some advice from a few peeps as to whether it's worth goin up. Don't have a load of money so got to choose my festivals wisely ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

On a budget you cant really beat it and also the Rory Gallagher fest 3 weeks before in Ballyshannon.

Sea Sessions because the line-up is good and its relatively cheap, also because you can just stall outside the area where the stuff actually happens with a carryout to save a few pound before you go in and it does be absolutely buzzing around it and the gardai dont mind as long as you dont cause any hassle.

The Rory Gallagher fest then because tis free full stop. 45 quid for camping I think then all the music on the street is free and again you can sup away on your carryout to your hearts desire with no hassle from the filth.

I must say im rather lucky to be able to hit up both yet be able to kip in my own bed come round 6 in the morning :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

was there last year and going again this year. Great little festival really relaxed vibe and right on the beach. We got a scorcher last year so hopefully it will be more of the same this year. Good line up too Ziggy Marley, Go! team, scratch perverts, Charles Bradley, Riptide Movement Grandmaster Flash and more. Something there for everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

Its getting closer...

Sent off my application for volunteering yesterday evening!

Anyone know of decent, cheapish accommodation for the Thursday night? I didn't originally plan on volunteering, but if I get a place I shall need to be up there a day before my booked accom. is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Is there a dance/electronic area at this or is it mostly indie bands etc ?

• Advertisement

Grandmaster Flash is playing, so not all indie anyways...

http://seasessions.com/lineup.html
    Have a gawk at that and see what you think, I've never been before, but I think there will be Djs and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Demosthenes

Electro music at sea sessions is in the 'Beat Shack'

Check the link below for line-up... :D

http://westcoastsurfer.ipbhost.com/index.php?%2Fblog%2F1%2Fentry-227-beat-shack-line-up-and-quiksilver-tee-session%2F

Nice one guys. Thanks for the advice. I'm sold. Got my ticket yesterday. Still can't believe camping is only €20 for 4 nights. Those other bigger festivals got allot to answer for charging the prices they do. Granted thet got big names but still think I'm going to stick to 2 or 3 independents this yr. Body and Soul also sounds like it could be good craic a new experience and think I might go check out Rory Gallager Fest. So, my 3 festivals this summer are Sea Sessions, Body and Soul, Rory Gallagher. They will all cost me less than Oxegen and Electric Picnic. Bring on the summer fest. season. :D:):cool:

what.to.do wrote: »
    Its getting closer...

Sent off my application for volunteering yesterday evening!

Anyone know of decent, cheapish accommodation for the Thursday night? I didn't originally plan on volunteering, but if I get a place I shall need to be up there a day before my booked accom. is available.

I just got my ticket yesterday and have been looking at accomodation. Camping is €20 for the wkend and opens on the Thus. night. Bundoran Surf Co. and Turf n Surf two of the local surf schools got accomodation for fairly reasonable prices. They have dorm rooms and that makes it even cheaper. Best google them as can not remember the prices off the top of my head.

ladypink wrote: »
    Nice one guys. Thanks for the advice. I'm sold. Got my ticket yesterday. Still can't believe camping is only €20 for 4 nights. Those other bigger festivals got allot to answer for charging the prices they do. Granted thet got big names but still think I'm going to stick to 2 or 3 independents this yr. Body and Soul also sounds like it could be good craic a new experience and think I might go check out Rory Gallager Fest. So, my 3 festivals this summer are Sea Sessions, Body and Soul, Rory Gallagher. They will all cost me less than Oxegen and Electric Picnic. Bring on the summer fest. season. :D:):cool:

Jayzus! 3 festivals in the space of 4 weekends? That is tight bloody going now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

I just got my ticket yesterday and have been looking at accomodation. Camping is €20 for the wkend and opens on the Thus. night. Bundoran Surf Co. and Turf n Surf two of the local surf schools got accomodation for fairly reasonable prices. They have dorm rooms and that makes it even cheaper. Best google them as can not remember the prices off the top of my head.

Myself and a few friends have one of the Summerhill apartments booked for a few days, but from the Friday onwards, a bit awkward if I've to be up on Thursday!

Thanks a million, I'll look them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ClarkeyCat

Hi all,

First post here. Struggling to find accom for Sea Sessions - who knew people were so organised? The two surf schools above are booked out - does anyone know of anywhere that still has a roof? I'm going with a few prima donnas who are resisting camping. There'll probably be about ten of us.

All advice welcome.

Thanks,

Clarkey

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ClarkeyCat

Managed to get a house in nearby Kinlough. It's 3km away. 10 or 12 of us in a 3 bedroom house. Not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

I must say im rather lucky to be able to hit up both yet be able to kip in my own bed come round 6 in the morning :D

No better person to ask than a local, what the story with parking, we are planning and being in Bundoran at Lunch time(ish), do the organisers lay on plenty parking? Would you have seen the Campsite site last year, does it be mental busy like Electric Picnic? Fill up fast?

Got my ticket last week, cannot wait, Gemma Hayes, Bell X1, Ham Sandwich, O Emperor, The Villagers...., Talk about a showcase of Irish talent....Bargain!

And tonnes of other bands; some I know and a fair few I don't.

A carpark that's not a 40min hike to the campsite!

Surf lessons during the day.

Hope the weather is good, what a location
    caption20113.jpg

Mr Keek wrote: »
    No better person to ask than a local, what the story with parking, we are planning and being in Bundoran at Lunch time(ish), do the organisers lay on plenty parking? Would you have seen the Campsite site last year, does it be mental busy like Electric Picnic? Fill up fast?

Last year only had 1 campsite which was at the local GAA pitch, but thats the family/quiet site this year with the main one being located down behind the Phoenix pub and the bingo hall. It was pretty packed on the first day last year if I remeber correct, but with the split and moving the main site to a bigger location I cant see it being too wedged as an issue this year.

They say on the site for the event that parking is 5 minutes away from the campsite for €10 for the weekend though they dont say where it is, seeing that the main car park at the beach is taken up by the event itself that would be there ruled out anyway.

If I were to speculate I would guess the car park is down by the cinema and retail park, and if it is, its only a 2 minute walk from both campsites in opposite directions. Though it may not be there at all.

Hopefully the weather is good alright, twas beautiful last year and it really was a fantastic weekend all round, just good old fashioned good craic :D

Any other questions just holler!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Hi big worm! Can u recommend a good pub to watch the gaa on the sunday??

Also does any1 know if the quiet/family campsite is the same price?

I don't know whether to pitch there or not, I love my sleep but don't want to be stuck with shussing parents either:confused:

foundry wrote: »
    Hi big worm! Can u recommend a good pub to watch the gaa on the sunday??

Also does any1 know if the quiet/family campsite is the same price?

I don't know whether to pitch there or not, I love my sleep but don't want to be stuck with shussing parents either:confused:

The Chasin Bull in the middle of the town would probably be your best bet, plenty of big screens which always have sports on.

I cant see it being any more expensive no myself, it shouldnt be too strict with regards to noise levels as long as your not going buck mad id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

One thing about Sea Sessions last year was the sound was absolutely brutal. It turned a lot of my friends off going this year. I'm going because they have to have improved that, hopefully.
    When Paul Weller played he had to go offstage twice due to technical difficulties. So again I would hope this has improved.

Otherwise a great little festival. Really small, right beside the beach, some great names. But please improve the sound!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭iheartthailand

anyone able to give me a tip on where to find accomodation, ie. holiday home, b&b, hotel??

anyone able to give me a tip on where to find accomodation, ie. holiday home, b&b, hotel??

House party in my tent, the more the merrier! The massive blue yoke with the Galway flag! Bring your own beer!

Hay is there any cooking facilities at sea sessions? R u allowed instant bbq's etc?

Gettin close now!
    Any one hear an accurate weather forecast?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Its hard to tell as different sites have different forecasts but in general it's giving showers on Friday and Saturday. Sunday is sunny with some cloud and showers late at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

The sound was atrocious last year, it was only audible from the back or better still outside. I’ll fuming if it happens again this year, it aint that f*cking hard.

Great great festival, great vibe, sound people, sound staff & a really good athmosphere.

Thought the sound could have been better on Firday night, especially for Villiagers but noticed a marked improvement on the Saturday and Sunday, no complaints.

Wasn't much choice for food though, all the vendors were burger and chips and a alot of the bars around town reduced their menus to the same to keep it handy for the chefs. Ate at the Eco Bus and the Kerala Kitchen in the Areana the whole time, Eco bus was yummy! Falafal...Hummmm!

I had the 'Relentless' shakes this morning, the companies who's slogan is 'No Half measures' giving out half cups of drink! Cheers for the samples, the cups came in handy in the camp site!

Personal favourite set was Ham Sandwich, Ziggy Marley & Bell X1, great sets.

I'll be back next year, great effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

Sea sessions is my new annual tradition, was there last year loved it. This year was fantastic sooo much fun, CANNOT wait for next year! Best Irish festival!

Advertisement