Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Card Expiry on Edision Argus Mini

• 05-02-2011 6:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how to check the card expiry dates/details on the Edision Argus 2in1?

I got the 6 month Cyfra+ card (credit card tran date: 9th Aug, Card arrived and plugged into box on Fri 13th Aug) last Aug and am pretty sure that I should have another week or two on it... but was watching the NewC v Ars game (wow :eek:) today and with 2 mins to go the picture froze and the "scrambled" message appeared.

Quality val is 70+% but I'm getting the "scrambled" message on all my Cyfra+ channels...

:( looks like I'm going to miss the Wolves v ManU game

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

:eek: just realised what game I'm missing tomorrow @ 4, damn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭sob1467

I'm in the same boat. My card is expiring in about a week is it possible to renew a cyfra card like you would an al jazeera or do you just have to buy a new card?

sob1467 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat. My card is expiring in about a week is it possible to renew a cyfra card like you would an al jazeera or do you just have to buy a new card?

I'm pretty sure that I've read on here that you need to order a new card... painful as it takes about a week to be delivered. I'd get cracking on the renewal if I was you :)

I'm going to make do with the pub for tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭reaper180

i dont have cyfra ard,, but this is how too check al jazeera card presume it must be same
    press menu , then ca setting, card info then whichever slot your card is in ok again ok on consultations hope this helps as this is how i check my aljaz card

reaper180 wrote: »
    i dont have cyfra ard,, but this is how too check al jazeera card presume it must be same
    press menu , then ca setting, card info then whichever slot your card is in ok again ok on consultations hope this helps as this is how i check my aljaz card

cheers reaper, I've just tried that... after pressing "ok" on "consulatation" I just get a list that says "CYFRA+ 1" and "CYFRA+ 2". If I press ok on either of them I get a sub-menu that shows a date range back in the 1990's!

I suspect that this part of the menu is populated with card provider information...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭reaper180

thought it might of benn some help,, strange time for the card to expire wouldnt you think it would be midnight on the date?

yep, I would have expected it to be midnight too...

Advertisement