Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inverted Look

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I can only use inverted, I just can't use it any other way in any type of game.

People saying that they use invert only for flying games is strange, as if it's a quirk in flying controls.

I would argue that planes were designed to work that way as it's entirely logical and in keeping as to how your own world works.

If you want to look up you tilt your head back and to look down you tilt your head forward.

Same with a weapon, example a rifle,in real life to aim up butt goes back and vice versa

All seems very natural and completely logical to me.

Glad to see that the majority of people here use invert as I often thought I was in a minority, or maybe it's proof that boards game players are just superior!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭FunkDrummer

It's the same with anything I imagine, once you get used to doing something one way it becomes a reflex. So it's hard to change it all just to suit a game! Like the shoot/throw grenade buttons are switched on the PS3 and XBox, also shoot and lob pass are switched in FIFA / Pro Evo.

I don't use inverted look, but I never had an N64!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,782 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've used inverted since typing +mlook into the console in Quake. I was once forced to use non inverted and it was causing me no end of trouble for an hour but then I got used to it and was playing as normal.Unfortunatley after the lan it took me another hour to pick up inverted again. Not sure why I went inverted but maybe it had to do with all the flight sims and Mechwarrior 2 I played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Does anyone invert the X-axis?
    I tried it before and it was a disaster. I think its only a few games that give you the option for it anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

An inverter myself, always have been. What gets me is the odd game that comes along, where for some reason, neither option feels right!

Most recently this happened to me with Deadly Premonition....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

An inverter myself, always have been. What gets me is the odd game that comes along, where for some reason, neither option feels right!

Most recently this happened to me with Deadly Premonition....

Form what I've heard, that pretty much sums up that game... NOTHING SEEMS QUITE RIGHT ABOUT IT! Cult classic in the making...

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

I can't remember why I started using inverted look but I've used it for the past eight years and it's second nature to me now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Has to be inverted. If I'm a tiny man, controlling a pair of eyeballs in someones head, then to make their eyes look up, I would have to pull the eyeball down...?

Advertisement