Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson Cedar Problem.

Options
  • 05-02-2011 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

I have it on Profile called Meeting.

Basically, The phone is sitting there. On silent/vibrate mode.
    It goes blank like any other phone/device. But THEN, Every 5 seconds it wakes up. Lighting up as if I had just pressed a button.

Why does it keep waking up when I'm not even pressing anything?

This doesn't happen on Normal mode.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

sounds like a firmware issue. Maybe try using the sony ericsson update service to see if their is one available for the ceder

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Do you have any open data connections or unread messages the phone is probably trying to alert you. If you edit the profile setting you can tell it what to do when.
    Cedar seems to be a reliable phone software wise so I doubt it's a firmware issue.
    Failing the steps above reset setting and it should cure the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭thedonscork

Joebits wrote: »
    I have it on Profile called Meeting.

Basically, The phone is sitting there. On silent/vibrate mode.
    It goes blank like any other phone/device. But THEN, Every 5 seconds it wakes up. Lighting up as if I had just pressed a button.

Why does it keep waking up when I'm not even pressing anything?

This doesn't happen on Normal mode.

The exact same thing happens to my SE Cedar. I have to turn it off and on to get it to stop doing this. All software has been updated and reinstalled twice and still the same. Also the phone loses coverage or freezes sometime when switching back and forth automatically between 3G network and 2G network.

A lot of unfixed software issues with SE phones, which means I will be upgrading to a different phone make next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Can you just turn off 3G? I was thinking of getting one of these as I wanted something cheap with long battery life and a decent screen.

Is the audio quality of music ok. On the Samsung Europa its pretty poor.

Advertisement