Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom - Please stop knocking at my door & ringing my phone!

Options
  • 05-02-2011 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I've requested multiple times to Eircom rep's who call to my house, & ring the phone to stop contacting me regards 'new offers'. I am an ex Eircom customer, & left about a year ago as moving to UPC saved me a lot of cash, & also provided a better broadband service.

However, I'm still being continually contacted by Eircom reps/staff. I've expressely stated I'm not interested, & wish to be removed form whatever list my name is on. This is met with 'Oh of course, no problem at all', & a week later it starts again. If I get ten days been contacts I'm lucky. This has become a complete invasion of privacy , & I wish it to stop immediately.

Please advise how I can be removed from Eircom's list of people they call when they have something new to offer. I don't even have an Eircom landline connection anymore :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

If they continue, just get onto the Data Protection Commissioner. They should remove your data at this stage, they have no business holding onto it for marketing purposes.

http://www.dataprotection.ie/

ComReg may also have a few things to say about it too!

www.comreg.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Solair wrote: »
    If they continue, just get onto the Data Protection Commissioner. They should remove your data at this stage, they have no business holding onto it for marketing purposes.

http://www.dataprotection.ie/

ComReg may also have a few things to say about it too!

www.comreg.ie

Gentleman, cheers :) I'll check both of those out so.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

http://www.askcomreg.ie/home_phone/How_do_I_prevent_unwanted_calls_from_direct_marketing_companies_-_cold_calls.213.LE.asp

How do I prevent unwanted calls from direct marketing companies - cold calls
    ComReg have provided a consumer guide on this topic -

What if I don't want to receive Marketing Calls?
    If you have a fixed-line (landline) phone and you do not want direct marketing companies to call you, you should contact the company from which you rent the line. If you do not object to receiving calls from companies wanting to sell you goods or services you do not need to do anything.

How can I complain?
    If you get a sales call more than 28 days after your details have been recorded in the opt-out register of the NDD, or after you have told the company in question not to contact you again, you may wish to complain to the Data Protection Commissioner (ODPC). They can investigate and prosecute the company if necessary.

More information in the link above!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

I too am tired of constant haranguing of eircom sales people. I was with you twice, I left you twice, you convinced me once to return (shame on me). I am not interested in returning again at the moment. I am capable of monitoring special offers on my now working Internet, so if I find an offer really appealing, I will contact you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

EnterNow wrote: »
    Hi

I've requested multiple times to Eircom rep's who call to my house, & ring the phone to stop contacting me regards 'new offers'. I am an ex Eircom customer, & left about a year ago as moving to UPC saved me a lot of cash, & also provided a better broadband service.

However, I'm still being continually contacted by Eircom reps/staff. I've expressely stated I'm not interested, & wish to be removed form whatever list my name is on. This is met with 'Oh of course, no problem at all', & a week later it starts again. If I get ten days been contacts I'm lucky. This has become a complete invasion of privacy , & I wish it to stop immediately.

Please advise how I can be removed from Eircom's list of people they call when they have something new to offer. I don't even have an Eircom landline connection anymore :mad:

If you are an eircom customer, you can PM me your telephone number or account number I can send a request to remove you from the NDD. There are two options.

(1) To remove your details from receiving sales and marketing calls from eircom.
    (2) To remove your details from receiving sales and marketing calls form (Third party) all other providers.

If you are not an eircom customer then you just need to contact your current provider to be removed from NDD for (Third party) marketing calls.

The process can take up to 28 days from the request being sent.

I hope this was of some help.

Thanks, Mark

quote.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I am an ex Eircom customer, & left about a year ago
    If you are an eircom customer. If you are not an eircom customer

My point exactly :confused: You guys don't seem to listen. I've requested it while I was an Eircom customer & been told that's no problem. And I've had to request if while being an ex Eircom customer & been told it was no problem. I'll read up on the links posted above later today & see what my options are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

My point exactly :confused: You guys don't seem to listen. I've requested it while I was an Eircom customer & been told that's no problem. And I've had to request if while being an ex Eircom customer & been told it was no problem. I'll read up on the links posted above later today & see what my options are.

Hi EnterNow,

I apologise that the request was not done while you were an eircom customer however I can not access your account or make any requests even if it does relate to eircom services unless you are an eircom customer.

If an eircom customer was getting sales and marketing calls from other companies we would send on the request so that the customer can be removed.

I apologise but you need to contact your current provider to issue that request.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement