Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Micro SD Adapter

Options
  • 05-02-2011 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know know where I can get one without having to buy the memory card too? Need a sandisk one. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Any reason it has to be sandisk? Is this the adaptor like this.
    Micro-SD-Adapter.jpg
    Or a USB one?

DX have 5 of them for $1.28 including post
    http://www.dealextreme.com/p/microsd-transflash-tf-to-sd-sdhc-card-adapter-5-pack-18733

But the chinese are on holidays now, I have loads of the ones in the picture if you are in dublin I could give you a few for nothing, not sure if I have sandisk though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

rubadub wrote: »
    Any reason it has to be sandisk? Is this the adaptor like this.
    Micro-SD-Adapter.jpg
    Or a USB one?

DX have 5 of them for $1.28 including post
    http://www.dealextreme.com/p/microsd-transflash-tf-to-sd-sdhc-card-adapter-5-pack-18733

But the chinese are on holidays now, I have loads of the ones in the picture if you are in dublin I could give you a few for nothing, not sure if I have sandisk though.

Yeah just like that. Because I have 2 Kingston ones and they don't seem to work with my sandisk micro SD memory card. Thats a kind offer but unfortunately I live in wexford. :( Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

That is weird that it doesn't work, they should all be compatible, but I often do have trouble with cards & adaptors myself (even same brands together). Make sure your contacts are very clean, this is the metal bits on the microsd, rub them well with some tissue and maybe a little alcohol, any corrosion can stop them making a good connection. Also push it in and out of the adpator a good 10-20 times, this will also clean the surfaces inside the adaptor and on the card by rubbing them off each other.

As a last resort I have put a little bit of sellotape or electrical tape on the microsd card (the side with the print). This in effect thickens the card, so when you put it in the adaptor it is really forced up against the contacts so ensure connection. You could also put some tape in the adpator itself, to thicken up the section so the card is pressed harder against the contacts.

rubadub wrote: »
    That is weird that it doesn't work, they should all be compatible, but I often do have trouble with cards & adaptors myself (even same brands together). Make sure your contacts are very clean, this is the metal bits on the microsd, rub them well with some tissue and maybe a little alcohol, any corrosion can stop them making a good connection. Also push it in and out of the adpator a good 10-20 times, this will also clean the surfaces inside the adaptor and on the card by rubbing them off each other.

As a last resort I have put a little bit of sellotape or electrical tape on the microsd card (the side with the print). This in effect thickens the card, so when you put it in the adaptor it is really forced up against the contacts so ensure connection.

Ok thanks Ill give this a go. I just hope I didn;t throw out the other cards. :P

It worked! Thanks so much mate. Really appreciate it. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement