Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrigaline,Co.Cork broadband issues since November

Options
  • 05-02-2011 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

Could someone from Eircom check on the broadband issues in Carrigaline we are having since November?

There are serious problems during peak hours and weekends: to watch streaming videos,to use VOIP or online gaming (especially servers outside the UK) is just impossible due to pocket loss,extremely high jitter etc.

Please see this forum we have started earlier:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056006444&page=8

As it happens ONLY at the mentioned hours,there's nothing wrong on our side.

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭danny004

Dito Ringaskiddy which I think is fed from Carrigaline

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

Today was brutal again.A 72Mb file took me 3 hours to download from a US server...
    I think due to the harsh weather more folks stayed in this weekend,so that made things even worst as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

gibbon75 wrote: »
    Could someone from Eircom check on the broadband issues in Carrigaline we are having since November?

There are serious problems during peak hours and weekends: to watch streaming videos,to use VOIP or online gaming (especially servers outside the UK) is just impossible due to pocket loss,extremely high jitter etc.

Please see this forum we have started earlier:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056006444&page=8

As it happens ONLY at the mentioned hours,there's nothing wrong on our side.

Thank you!

Hi gibbon75.

I appreciate your frustration and we have your previous case with us when you contacted our forum. Engineers advised that as work is being done at the Carrigaline exchange in regards to enableing it for Next generation broadband which is due to be complete in March -April this year. The NGB should alivate a lot of the problems and is the action being taken to resolve those issues at the exchange.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

I was wondering if Eircom is planning some kind of refund for the frustrated customers: the problems started back in November and the NGB won't be ready till April.That's about 4 month with a "half" a broadband ;)

Regards,

Gabe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

gibbon75 wrote: »
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

I was wondering if Eircom is planning some kind of refund for the frustrated customers: the problems started back in November and the NGB won't be ready till April.That's about 4 month with a "half" a broadband ;)

Regards,

Gabe

Hi Gabe,

I will have to look at the contact hitory with support and they will need to make a decision. However I should get back to you in a few days.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 car03

still happening. On average every 20 mins off peak and peak. Taking a whole 10 minutes to allow me access anything again. Enough of the excuses!!!

Also, maybe someone can explain why the logs on the router site get wiped every time it goes down for me. Your agents don't seem to be able to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

car03 wrote: »
    still happening. On average every 20 mins off peak and peak. Taking a whole 10 minutes to allow me access anything again. Enough of the excuses!!!

Also, maybe someone can explain why the logs on the router site get wiped every time it goes down for me. Your agents don't seem to be able to!

Hi car03,

Thanks for conacting us on boards.

Can you PM your home phone number and I will take a look at your connection.

If possible please try to complete the following Checklist. This will help rule in /out if the problem is with the exchange, or the modem or with the internal wiring in your house.

http://bit.ly/cTw6pU - Broadband Checklist

This will be greatly appreciated and it will also hellp if we need to send an engineer out to your premises. Completing this Checklist will also ensure that you are not accountable for any call out charges if this is found to be an eircom fault. A call out fee is only applied if it is found to be a non-eircom fault.

Please let me know if you need further assistance afterwards or Private message your home phone number.

All the best,

Ant

Advertisement