If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 42LD450

Options
  • 05-02-2011 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can someone please PM me a quote for the above, delivery to Waterford...

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Barney.

Unfortunately this model is as cheap as we can do it (£399.95) and currently stock is very tight on these so we presently don't ship these as any stock we get have to be reserved for customers who make the journey to the store.

It's a very cost effective 42" but it's only 50Hz so the motion handling it not brilliant.

What equipment are you going to be using the with the screen ?

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Hi Dave,

It'll just be used for watching TV, DVDs etc, and occasionally the PS3.

Anything else you can recommend at the cheaper end of things to suit my purposes?

Thanks,
    BS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Barney.

The best option would be to go for the Philips 42PFL5405. (£469.95)

We are waiting to get these in again as they have been our most popular screen to date and with Full HD, 100Hz, 2 millisecond response time, 20 watt sound output, MPEG4 tuner, USB input etc.

It's a great TV and with the money difference between that and the LG, the Philips is totally worth it, especially as you are likely to have this TV for quite a few years.

ATB

Dave

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi,

Can someone please PM me a quote for the above, delivery to Waterford...

Thanks.

Guys,

just an update on the 42LD450 price...

...it has now come down to just £379.95 and shipping countrywide is just £21.99 (it's €499 in a popular Dublin store today!)

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

<Snip>

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@watty,

Please take a moment to read the Charter for this forum - you can find it here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055564744, particularly the following:
    # If you see a post which is looking for a quote or advice from RS, please resist the urge to offer your opinion ! Such queries are not an open invitation for posters to make suggestions etc, these queries should be left to RS to answer. If queries or requests for quotes attracted everyone's opinion, the forum would be unworkable. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

# If you have an opinion on some matter related to the items that Richersounds or The Philips Shop sell, or you wish to give people the benefit of your advice on some related issue, Please do not post it in this forum ! There are other fora on Boards in the Tech section on Home Entertainment or TV related topics, or in the Consumer fora, which are suitable locations for endowing Boardies with the benefit of any advice or opinion you wish to offer. Bearing in mind the purpose of this forum, posts along the lines described here are not appropriate and will be suitably snipped or deleted without warning. This approach is taken to ensure the workability of this particular forum and to ensure that general advice and discursive posts are made in the appropriate forum. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

# Posters are requested to keep posts to third party sites to a minimum. Using a link to another site when seeking a price-match or when asking for a very similar item are perfectly acceptable, but otherwise posters are requested to try to avoid posting links to other sites unnecessarily, and are requested not to use this site to promote links to sites with which they are associated. This request is in line with the commercial nature of this forum as a location unsuited to promoting other interests.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Guys,

just an update on the 42LD450 price...

...it has now come down to just £379.95 and shipping countrywide is just £21.99 (it's €499 in a popular Dublin store today!)

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Jeez I hate this business somedays :eek:

Further update:

Guys,

just an further update on the 42LD450 price...

...it has now come down to just £359.95 and shipping countrywide is just £21.99 (it's (still) €499 in a popular Dublin store today!)

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

PS Watty I see Ritz has edited one of your posts - if there is anything I can assist with please drop me a PM or a mail and I'll do my best to assist.

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.