Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Desire Micro SD Card goes Bad

• 05-02-2011 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

The micro SD card (suipplied with phone) on my 4-5 month old, Vodafone Desire HD suddenly stopped working. I get an error message when trying to access it. Swapped it out with another card and the new card read fine, old Vodafone card would not work in another device.
    The Vodafone shop I went to wanted to send the whole phone away for" warranty" work. That doesn't make any sense to me. But, how would anyone know that the card came with the phone?
    Any suggestions? Its an 8 gb card so it isn't like its a lot of money to just get a new one, but . . . Also, why would it just stop working. Never had another memory card go bad like that before.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

It may have gotten corrupted - try putting it in a computer adapter and running a disk scan e.g.

http://www.techcredo.com/android/how-to-fix-a-damaged-sd-card-on-an-android-phone-without-losing-any-data

I had a very similar problem on my desire. One of the apps that I use installs to SD and it started to act very weirdly and I eventually figured out it was the sd card and not the app. The cards are usually rated for a given number of read and write cycles so I was thinking I got a dud at the outset.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭PhotogTom

I tried to read it in another device. No joy. Maybe Vodafone just bought a bunch of cheap SD cards?

Mine was a meteor one although i reckon it is htc that would be bundling the sd cards. Have a decent class 6 in there now and it is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭PhotogTom

No doubt it is HTC. Just wondering if V'fone would replace it? Mind if I ask what/where and how much for your new one?

• Advertisement

Not at all. I've bought cards from ebay, memoryc.ie and mymemory.co.uk. Anything over a class 4 actually gives you a nice performance boost with the phone.

The particular one that I got was a class 6 "samsung plus" card. It was about 20 quid at the time but you'll get a similar size and speed for less these days.

Advertisement