Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I buy a Canon 550D?

Options
  • 05-02-2011 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

I currently have a Canon HV20 which I love, but the hassle of capturing the tapes ( I edit on my laptop, which unfortunatly doesnt have a firewire port, so therefore i have to capture on my very slow desktop, and then transfer over the files, which when the overall files are in the high GB's can be a slow process) and buying new tapes etc etc can be a pain. Which would mean with the 550D i could transfer the files straight to my laptop via USB, which would be much better. If I want to but the 550D I have to sell my HV20 to fund the purchase. And the bonus of being able to takes pictures with the 550D appeals to me greatly.

But I have heard that the 550D cant be quite hard to film with and to edit, any info on this?

Also where can I buy one in Ireland? And how much should I be looking to pay? I have seen some on eBay but they are Canon Kiss X4, which means they are from Japan which im a bit weary about, should i be? It seems like a good deal.http://cgi.ebay.ie/NEW-CANON-EOS-KIS...item45f5e0a3cf

Also what lenses should I be looking at buying? I dont know mucha bout DSLR lenses, but from the research i've done, the Canon 50mm f1.4 or f1.8 look excellent. Any recomendations?

All help appreciated!

Matthew

Advertisement