Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girl, 14, Whipped To Death

• 05-02-2011 8:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Girl-Whipped-To-Death-In-Bangladesh-Over-Alleged-Affair-Four-Arrested-Including-An-Islamic-Cleric/Article/201102115922849
    12:32pm UK, Friday February 04, 2011

Michael Burgess, Sky News Online

Four people have been arrested in Bangladesh after a young girl was whipped to death for allegedly having an affair with a married man.

Rural scene in Bangladesh

Police say cases such as these are most common in remote areas

The suspects, including an Islamic cleric, are accused of issuing a fatwa for 14-year-old Mosammet Hena to receive 100 lashes.

This was despite her insistence she had been raped by the man, believed to be her cousin, and did not consent to an affair or physical contact of any kind.

She collapsed after receiving 70 of the lashes from a bamboo cane. She was taken to hospital unconscious but died shortly afterwards.

The public beating occurred in a south west village in the district of Shariatpur, approximately 35 miles from the capital of Dhaka.

The district's chief of police, Shahidur Rahman, said incidents such as these usually occurred in remote areas.

He added the 40-year-old man involved was also sentenced to 100 lashes but has since fled the village. "We are hunting for him," Rahman said.

Fatwas are illegal in Bangladesh, but Islamic clerics are often found presiding over courts that use Sharia law.

Action Aid Bangladesh has demanded exemplary punishment for those responsible for Hena's death, and called on the government to do more to stop crimes like this from happening again.
    How sickening is that? Islam strikes again with its Neanderthal viewpoint on these things. Poor Girl RIP. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Nuke the lot of them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

That is f*cking ridiculous alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

100 whips? would they switch whippers, 100 in a row would really tire my arm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

when BDSM goes too far, more at 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

In these countries you get your arm chopped off for shoplifting, so I heard :-(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

bla bla bla fuck religion etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

Nuke the lot of them!

Absolutely.

At this stage of the game they are like a lesser developed species.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

This sort of thread always baffles me.

Girl, 14, whipped to death is not good.

Once again, not good.

Thank you, goodbye.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

It's hard to believe things like this still happen so casually in 2011 in any part of the world. The poor girl.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Tarring all is hardly helpful, Sufi muslims are a rather benign lot, it's the wahhabis that are F*cked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Fcukin savagery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Ridiculous...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Forget the safeword did she?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

No good will come of this thread but I can't look at it and not say something - feel like a rubbernecker otherwise.

My own feeling on this is bewilderment. I can't understand such consuming hatred; I can't understand how a person can be so bereft of empathy or compassion. Those people are broken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

They're eating all our swans too dontchaknow..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

Aoifey! wrote: »
    It's hard to believe things like this still happen so casually in 2011 in any part of the world. The poor girl.

And yet here we are, casually posting about it in After Hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

What is wrong with them.

religion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

murderers and twisted human beings these people are. it boggles the mind that this carry on is still rampant in these under-developed countries. how can we or another civilized country have respect to a countries religion or beliefs when they murder and torture people in this way. makes me sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Last time I commented on a thread about a girl from Bangladesh being punished for a crime perpetrated by the other party, and how I wasn't surprised that they were Muslim, it caused a shitstorm.

Not surprised this time either, mind.. and won't be the next time..

At least the proper authorities are dealing with it however

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭hsi

Atleast Christ got this cystal clear, let he who is without sin... The extreme parts of Islam is a mans only religion and women must submit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

so are the extreme parts of christianity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement