Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stevens 200

Options
  • 05-02-2011 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

I was wondering if anybody here has any opinions good or bad on the stevens 200 rifle.

What are they like build quality and accuracy wise? Has anyone here had any first hand experience with them?

They seem to get good reviews in the usa for a cheap rifle but ive never heard them mentioned here.

Would they be somthing similar to a remington sps?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

My first rifle was a stevens 200 in .223. They are basically a savage with the older savage trigger. It was an excellent rifle. As accurate and rugged as any hunter could ever want.
    The only thing I didn't like was the blind magazine. But it has its pros too. For one you are in no fear of the mag falling out or the floor plate opening at the worst moment.
    They are well worth it. What calibre were you looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Ghost.

I was thinking of getting one in 308. Every dealer I go to produces a remington SPS for the man on a tight budget.

I was talking to a RFD who said he has a stevens in stock but I didnt know much about them other than reviews Ive read. I was wondering which is the better gun? The stevens is a good bit cheaper.

As long as the stevens is accurate enough to get the job done I might go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

I have a remington 700 in 308 at present. To be honest, I think I preferred the stevens all in all. But that may be because it was my first gun.

I'm on the lookout for a savage at the moment, I like the action a lot better than the 700.

I know of an RFD with a 200 in 308, PM me if you want the number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Sorry only copped .308

I know of one for €350 in .223

My Da has a Stevens single barrel that is as old as time itself!

Advertisement